Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What's a good movie?

Discussion in Movies started by Rayne Valar, May 14, 2013

1. Nov 29, 2012
    Feel like having a movie night with some friends soon and I can't think of any good suggestions? I prefer horror since I'm a horror junky. But open to anything else. :grin:
  2. Oct 25, 2012
    I'd recommend either Dr. Zhivago, Brief Encounter, or a Bridge on the River Kwai.. That is a lean night
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 11, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mar 4, 2012
        If you're looking for a good horror movie just have @meeko send you a slide show of his dick pics. That'll scare all of your friends.

Also what kind of horror movie are you looking for? Gory, psychological or just weird and fucked up?
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Apr 1, 2012

quite old:
          The Terminal (Tom Hanks + Catherine ZJ)
          Rob-B-Hood (Jackie Chan, Chinese comedy+action movie)

quite recent:
          RED (Bruce Willis + Mary Louise Parker + Morgan Freeman)
          • Like Like x 1
          • Nov 17, 2012
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 10, 2012
              Scooby-doo and the cyber chase :nailbiting:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 23, 2013
                Avengers has to be up there for my great film, but ending isnt well thought throught to be honest
                • Like Like x 1
                • Feb 24, 2011
                  A serbian film - messed up to a smaller extent, watch it if you want something more "raw" and different. Good times.
                  Almost every movie starring Tom Hanks - Tom Hanks is best Hanks, forrest gump, the green mile, castaway, saving private ryan etc. Not in the horror genre, but it'll leave you with a semi-boner if so to say.
                  Insidious - a decent horror flick, there was about 3-4 scenes which really gave me dem spooky spine chills, best freaking sound/music combination.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 18, 2012
                    Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night. Kind of a mix between the Paranormal Activity series and The Grudge imo. Japaneses can surely make good horror movies.
                    And then as Luffy said, Tom Hanks movies!
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Mar 4, 2012
                      VHS is a pretty good horror movie and you can stream is on netflix.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Dec 27, 2012
                        Maybe Pan's Labyrinth? Haven't watched it myself but it's said to be scary with a decent story line.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • May 31, 2012
                          They aren't the best but, with friends, I enjoyed going through the Saw and Final Destination series. Daybreakers was... meh... but we watched that too (admittedly it had an interesting plot). I've been thinking of a Jurassic Park series night too. I've been planning to re-watch Interview with a Vampire because I saw it as a young child so I am interested to see how lousy it is after many years of technology advancements etc.
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Nov 29, 2012
                            Mosly weird/fucked up. always seems to be the one that catches my attention. xD
                            Post Merged, May 14, 2013
                            Thanks for the ideas everyone, helped out a lot! Gonna look into some of these movies.
                            That sounds pretty cool, might have to check out that Paranormal movie out then. Does it have English subs?
                            Ohh I've heard of A serbian film, heard it was pretty disgusting too. :razz: Think I'll have to watch that soon.
                            I love Interview with the Vampire, well even though it's quite cheesy now. But I still love the sequal to it "The Queen of the Damned" No matter how old that movie gets it's still amazing and a hell lot better than Twilight. :razz:
                          • Feb 27, 2012
                            A movie i absolutely love which is definitely under rated for how good it was, is called The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It's about a boy Charlie who is super nervous about beginning high school, and is really shy and doesn't make a friend his first few days, and only really connects with his English teacher. Eventually he becomes friends with two seniors, and finds a girl he falls in love with, which ends up being a complication. It sounds kind of sappy, and it is, but it's an amazing movie. I didn't want to watch it at first, but my friend insisted i should, so i did. It actually almost made me cry :shame:

A lot of what Charlie goes through in the movie i can relate to. There's even a lot of stuff he does that i wish i could do or be. Maybe that's why i liked the movie so much.
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • May 31, 2012
                              Oh wow I didn't even know they had a sequel to it :shock:. I guess I will have to find both. My brother and I was just talking about movies and how we watch them as kids and they "change" as we become older. There are lot of things we didn't catch or understand in the movies so we thought it would be a good idea to watch some old ones. Anything and everything is better than Twilight... actually I wouldn't know... I haven't been able to finish the movie :sleepy:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                            • Apr 3, 2013
                              If you like action-comedy film then watch Tropic Thunder. It has Tom Cruise in it so watch it now.
                            • May 18, 2012
                              Since I watched it with swedish sub, I really don't doubt there is english sub :wink:
                              • Informative Informative x 1
                              • Jan 21, 2011
                                • Agree Agree x 1
                                • Sep 6, 2010
                                  I'd say great horror movies are of Final Destination series, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal. Also, visit imdb.com, find a movie you like and go to suggestions ("People who liked this also liked...") - similar movies. That's how I usually search for movies I like.