Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What's the best case for me?

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Ghost, May 21, 2012

Laptop or Desktop?

Desktop 6 vote(s) 60.0%
Laptop 2 vote(s) 20.0%
Both 2 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well that time has come when my case has become way to small for my PC components inside and I am literally cramming in.

So I want to know what case would be best for me. I would prefer an <£100 case, thats $158.

My components:

Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
    AMD Phenom X6 1100T @ 4Ghz w/water cooling
    XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB
    Coolermaster GX 750W PSU
    3TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD
    1.5TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD
    300GB WD Velociraptor 10000RPM HDD
    120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
    90GB Maxtor 5200RPM (not in use) (also got a 10GB)
    Custom water cooling system with Laing DDC+ Pump, 2 Bay res and 2x120mm Rad
    Network Card 1Gbit/s (PCI)
    Aerocool 5 channel Fan controller (1 slot)
    LG Blu-ray drive.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/q1Vze#0 (quite dusty and taken with flash light)

So let me know what you think would suit me for a case! Thanks!
    Ghost, May 21, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, May 21, 2012
  2. May 14, 2011
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    I have a case that has foamy filters to prevent a lot of dust getting into the case. It has a lower fan/front fan blowing into the chassis, and a top/rear fan blowing out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147144

And sucks to be you, its out of stock :/

:EDIT: It has a cousin!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

:Edit Again:
    These cases are really nice and the placement of the
    stuff inside is perfect! My only issue with the Rosewill cases is that they don't like being moved with things inside of it: The rubber "foot" on the bottom snapped off when sliding it across carpet (then again, that was my stupidity for dragging it across the floor).
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      What da fuck lol? I mean Radeon which I used to have. I don't know nothing about any of the others, so that is why I picked this one.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @Ghost1995 Go with one of the Ravens, preferably the RV02-E (make sure you get the E, it comes with extra drive bays + more 5.25 bays and replaces the stock crappy 180mm fans with the state of the art Air Penetrators. EVERYTHING has dust filters, even the unused screw holes, which is badass. I run my CM V6 GT CPU cooler @ 100% and XFX 7950 Double D @ 75%, and have yet to see a spec of dust inside of my case. What's even better is that the filters can be removed and cleaned w/in seconds. I love it. Cable management is extraordinary, and the 90 degree motherboard rotation is the best idea ever for a gaming case. All of the heat from a graphics card goes up and out through the top exhaust. It also comes equipped with a nice 120mm exhaust fan on top. As for the PSU, the fan is up against the back of the case, and it pulls in air through a dense filter that is also easy to clean. Probably the best part of all, is that this doesn't even look like some nerdy sqaure PC case, it looks like some badass robot machine thing from outer space.

Here's a nice UK link for you, a little bit above your price range, but it's definitely worth it. CLICKY FOR CASE

There's a couple other spacey cases that I like to recommend to others, but they are above $250, which is out of your range.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jan 10, 2009
        NZXT Phantom (they offer more colors than just white.) ~130$

NZXT Switch 810 (again a few other colors) ~170$ i know this is higher than what you asked for but it is a good case.

ill add a few others if i remember later.
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          You and your damn white cases. @brownieapple link him those modded Lanboys =P Those were pretty badass.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jan 10, 2009
            here is the link that @Brett was talking about. Lanboy Air Club if you go down a post or two there is a HOF section. those are all nice. or you can click for individual pictures in the first post.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Goddamn these are so sexy. You didn't show me this one before, the one you showed me was only a few, this is quite a bit more.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jan 10, 2009
                oh well @Brett. i thought that was the same one. :smile: i'm in the HOF if you didn't notice :razz:
                • Like Like x 1
                • May 14, 2011
                  Used to have? Do you know anything about computers and did you read the OP?
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  • May 14, 2011
                    Link < I want this case so badly now but I maght just save up, considering I may need to buy more fans. (take out the 5 fans out of my old case plus 2 spares) If that isn't enough.

But the Lanboy Air looks soo amazing as well, But I have the CM690II Advanced and I'm struggling on space so this may be to small.

I know about the HAF X but I just dont like the design, the window looks terible.

The phantom is amazing but I just don't like the styling.

I never liked the idea of the sideways mobo in the raven.

Thanks all for replying! Ratings for all!

P.S.: You can still throw some more nice cases into the mix im buying a case on my bday (8th July).
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    The HAF X windows is terrible but the spacing is grandeur. The HAF 932 Advanced, which is the one I have, is really spacious and looks pretty nice. I have two 230mm intake fans, one 230mm and 140mm exhaust fans. It has plenty of space for water cooling and good air flow, and with the amount of hard drives you have spewing out heat, you're going to need it. And you're probably going to have to redo your tubing because of the large spacing :sweat:
                  • May 14, 2011

these are my temps after playing css for about 2 hours

Capture

and thats in a extremely packed case with my fans set as low as possible.
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    Are you sure...? Your SSD is burning itself out. My SSD runs between 16-26 deg Celcius. 128? WTF... And your CPU fan is extremely loud, is it running at max all the time? lol
                  • Dec 6, 2011
                    The SSD is completely incorrect... lol. But @Ghost1995 , you need to look more into the Raven series, as they will be the best for airflow/getting rid of heat.
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    lol I figured it was a wrong reading but you never know :razz:

And no need to look into the Raven series, just ask Brett to breath his minty cold breath into your case, it should take care of your heating issues for a few months. :ROFL: