Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Whats the meaning behind your name???

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by cricket4201, Aug 1, 2011

1. May 26, 2011
    I see all kinds of crazy off the wall names on the servers, some are simple and direct and some are just plain hilarious and some seem to have a story behind them..

Like my name Faith_IN_Chains has deep meaning to me, i just wanna hear peoples story or meaning (if there is any) behind why they came up with that name.

Just tryin to get to know more about my [pF] brothers an sisters. :biggrin:
  2. Jun 10, 2011
    Last name backwards. Had the SN since i was playing Quake 1 on dial-up :smile: Its even my license plate lol
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Haha well when I played MW2 on Steam and kicked everyones ass, everyone started calling me that guy. Like that guy who killed them. Or that fucking hacking guy (LOL). So I adopted the name as mine! Plus, well I like being that guy :grin:
  4. Jan 30, 2011
    I came up with my name when I was sitting in my living room, registering a XBL gamertag and came up with MysticLegends, been using it ever since.
  5. May 26, 2011
    lol thats a good one, i always thought it stood for, NOT- YA- B, as in bmw
  6. May 26, 2011
    All these are great, Keep em comin...
  7. May 15, 2011

It's been about 3 or 4 years.

But I heard Dirtbag off a TV show and I thought the word was so cool, I made it my own. :3
  8. Jan 10, 2009
    was thinking of something to use as my xbl/psn account name 3 or 4 years ago. i was eating an apple and one of my friends brought over some brownies that his mom made. and boom done!
  9. Jun 10, 2011

lol first ive heard that one.

heard it also as

not ya b -itch
    noty ab-s

and others i cant think of lol. makes sense seeing it in your rear view mirror!
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    Nezumi is "Mouse/Rat" in Japanese.

I named all of my WoW characters after animals of the Chinese zodiac.... in Japanese xP

As I had one of every race and one of every class I played them all until I finally fell in love with my Hunter

Which just happened to be the Nezumi ^.^

Before that I was simply called "Katie" on CSS =P
  11. Nov 29, 2010
    .... I was hungry
  12. Sep 22, 2010
    Pure Stupdity
  13. May 26, 2011
    There both awesome and adorable names... love it :thumbsup:
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    It's my first name.
    I use to go by spar13 back in the day, my birthday is on the 13th and I was into Halo before it was cool and liked spartans. no real way to prove it since halomods is gone. My first halo clan was trying to think of our think when we had a geocities website and we all decided to go by spar and add a number on.
  15. Feb 1, 2011

I got my name from a reggae artist that I was listening to on a frequent basis when I came back to CS 1.6 and CSS a few years ago after some absence.

He was a dub reggae toaster / emcee / early dancehall artist who saw most of his notoriety in the 70's.

Everyone always thought I was referring to John Dillinger, the criminal, which is why I used to put my name as [JAH] dillinger to hint towards Jamaica / Reggae...nobody got that either, though.
  16. Jul 29, 2011
    Had the s/n for 4 years now. My mom was a Hooters girl, that's how she met my dad, he was general store manager in Tampa. I was a hooters girl, and my husband is in the USMC. Like to show my support for him. :smile:
  17. May 5, 2011
    I saw Google....so I thought I'll use Yahoo. Yep cool story eh.
  18. Sep 14, 2008
    Mine is a shortened version of my first name Danielle. No one could pronounce it correctly or even spell it right, so they called me Daniel. Hence I figured it was easier to say and spell Dani :razz:
  19. Mar 31, 2010
    Mine's quite complicated, to be honest...

I used to go under the name Bubba, after the character in DuckTales (I loved that stone age doofus). But then, too many people started having Bubba as their name, and it irritated me to have to share my name with others. Then, I switched to Thief, but people kept misspelling it "theif," and that pissed me off... Then, I went by the name of Grave Robber. I kept that one for a short bit until I got some creepy messages from some losers, and I decided to change my name to talon. Talon, I got from the street I learned/taught dancing (Jean-Talon). Thought it sounded cool, because it also meant a "sharp claw," but then, I bumped into several other talons along the way, and even though I was an admin under that name, I hated having people mistake me for the other doofuses who royally sucked, and later listen to people tell me "Jeez, you were terrible earlier." So hellz nah, I switched to Dark Spider, but then I felt it sounded kinda ummm, immature. Then, I went by the name of Conker. And it stuck with me thus far.

The reason I picked Conker is because 1. I love Conker's Bad Fur Day, but also because I was told to have a rotten attitude like the squirrel, and thus: I found love and kept Conker until last year where I temporarily changed my name to Jack Skellington, based on the Nightmare Before Christmas film (which is a Christmas classic to-see every year), after getting a hold of an exclusive Jack Skellington skin in-game.

Now, I plan to change my name in a short while, but I'm still hesitant what I'd like to change it to. I'm debating on Cockeye (based on my favorite character of my favorite film - Once Upon a Time in America), but the last thing I'd want to hear is someone calling me a cockface... Hmm, we'll see!
  20. Nov 14, 2010
    Bella is short for my real name...