Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What's up with the servers in general?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Chakurakid, May 2, 2011

1. Mar 13, 2010
    So I've been playing on the servers as of late and been having SERIOUS lag issues.

-Normally I get 150fps on all the servers even when the servers are pretty full. Lately I've been getting 15-20fps even on gg,mg, or ze with only 20 or LESS people on.
    -The servers have been having more long term lag hang times not just for me, but other players as well on even the MG server with maps like Smee being played and 20 people on.
    -I've gotten disconnected, or had to disconnect because it'll just freeze randomly on me for a few seconds before normal game play can resume saying that I lost the connection to the server and the countdown pops up in the corner.

-I heard something about a change to the server causing problems for players, and an update in the works or something to fix these issues. I'm not 100% sure this is true, but is there any news on what's going on or am I doing something wrong? Is this just me or are other players having this same issue?

Anywho, thanks for reading. Let me know what you guys think or did to fix this if you had the same problem.
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    If you're having framerate issues, that would be something on your end. Not the server's. There have been no major changes to the servers lately that could cause these issues AFAIK. I'm personally not finding anything out of the ordinary. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your computer? Next time something like this happens, can you provide a date, time, and server name?
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    ive been having ALOT of lag problems too, and its not the fps lol i know the difference.
    but does anyone know whats up? :/
  4. Mar 13, 2010
    Swept it with MBAM 2 nights ago to be sure, my HDD is running a LITTLE hot but that's not unusual in my laptop. My CPU is at 96 degrees idle, 105 usually at most. Graphics card COULD be the problem, but even then it hasn't been one before and I'd have seen other signs if it was that. I could do a more in depth scan of my HDD to make sure there are no errors, maybe check games files as well to make sure that's fine, but that's really all I can think of being the problem.

Edit:
    And like I said, it's not just me but other players and admins are complaining of lag, and lag related issues more often as of late.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    I run a mac. I think I still have it installed on my mac side.

Taz
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    Well I too have seen as well as a swarm of other players lag on some particular maps, where it is so bad, a higher up admin changes maps. I know it is not on my end because I have no issues with my latency or computer build. I just deal with it. It is fun to lag into humans sometimes. Hah
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    Please let me know if the lag issue continues. I'm hoping last night's server reboot will help.
  9. Mar 13, 2010
    Mmk, I validated my game cache, checked for fragmentation, and am checking my harddrive now. When that's done, I'll try again and let you know.
  10. Mar 13, 2010
    Ok, so I checked everything I could on my end. I didn't see any problems. I started up MG to see if I could notice anything and didn't til I looked at my in: out: readouts for when I was playing.

It gets teh most laggy when my in: is 400+ and my out: is only 80 or so. I get better fps when they're both close together or low numbers. The in: tends to spike during combat with rifles or there is a lot of movement. Any ideas why this could be and how to fix it?

Usually 400+ is when it lags to about 9 - 15 fps. When they're low or even, it's about 40 - 60 to sometimes 100+fps
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    What are you ingame rates? Type rate, cl_cmdrate, and cl_updaterate in console and report back.

I did experience a ping spike issue today. It is a problem with LSN's network and we contacted them regarding this issue. They are looking in to the problem now.
  12. Mar 13, 2010
    "cl_cmdrate" = "33" ( def. "30" ) min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
    ** NOTE: The real value is 30.000 but the server has temporarily restricted it to 33.000 **
    archive
    - Max number of command packets sent to server per second

And

] cl_updaterate
    "cl_updaterate" = "33" ( def. "20" )
    ** NOTE: The real value is 20.000 but the server has temporarily restricted it to 33.000 **
    archive
    - Number of packets per second of updates you are requesting from the server