Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What's wrong with sdk?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Super Mario, Jan 22, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Hello, today i was going to send my map to retslag so we can test it. It was my first map actually. So i was opening hammer editor and suddenly it shows me this error : This version of %1 percent is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Please check u're computer's system information to see whether u need x84(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher. I really need help fixing that problem. I checked all updates and there were no updates and i tried to reinstall it and reset it and refresh it and all of those were no use. If anyone had that problem with sdk before please i really need help to fix that problem. Please reply to me, thank u.
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    well i guess its hard to find this problem and solve it ive asked a lot of friends but i will still wait for more replies please i need help with that thing
  3. Jul 4, 2011
    Are you running Windows 64 bit? If so, try his: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/64-bit_mode_with_Source_SDK

1. In the Steam Games window, right-click on Half-Life 2 (or any installed Valve game you want to run) and select the Properties option.
    2. Then select Set launch options... and add the line -32bit to the edit box.
    3. Close the dialog and launch the game you just edited (ie. Half-Life 2). When it has successfully started up, close the game.

You should now be able to run the SDK on your 64-bit OS. Note, however, that if you run any of your Valve games without the -32bit option, your SDK will go back to being incompatible and you'll need to repeat this process.

This means that if you run a game through Hammer, you'll also need to launch that game with the -32bit command line parameter as well. The same is true running a game from a batch file, command line, etc.