Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What's your all-time favorite movie?

Discussion in Movies started by Conker, Jun 8, 2011

1. Mar 31, 2010

It's one of the greatest love stories ever told on screen. It's nostalgic, full of life, love, humor -- it's majestic!

It is also the winner of the prestigious Grand Prix du Jury at the Cannes Film Festival (in 1989) as well as winner of 5 BAFTA Awards (the British Academy Awards), and has won the Golden Globe AND the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 1990. It is widely regarded as one of the greatest films ever made. It's also #74 on IMDb's top 250 list, where users vote.

TRAILER:

FAVORITE SCENE:

My top 10:
    1. Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore, 1988)
    2. Once Upon a Time in America (Sergio Leone, 1984)
    3. Forrest Gump (Robert Zemeckis, 1994)
    4. Dersu Uzala (Akira Kurosawa, 1975)
    5. Almost Famous (Cameron Crowe, 2000)
    6. The Circus (Charles Chaplin, 1928)
    7. Schindler's List (Steven Spielberg, 1993)
    8. Zerkalo (Andrei Tarkovskiy, 1975)
    9. The Elephant Man (David Lynch, 1980)
    10. The Way Back (Peter Weir, 2010)

What's yours?
  2. Mar 31, 2010
    I lovedddddd Avatar! It's my number 5 of 2009 (out of roughly 250 movies?)

Anyways, great choice!
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    5 movies i loved in no specific order were black hawk down, gran torino, taken, forest gump and cast away lol.
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30EeGDiI7MA
  5. Oct 27, 2010

6. Oct 10, 2010

7. Dec 7, 2010
    No list can be complete without the Shawshank Redemption. :razz:
  8. Mar 31, 2010
    It's my number 17!! :smile: I love that movie. Oh, and awesome inclusions for In America (wonderful movie) and El Topo!

Moonlight, have you seen any other Jim Sheridan movies? I personally loved THE BOXER and THE FIELD most from him. As for 127001, what did you think of SANTA SANGRE and THE HOLY MOUNTAIN? :wink:

Anyone here's seen Salo? That movie's fucking disturbing but bloody brilliant!
  9. Jul 20, 2010
    Best movie of all time Patton. Nothing can touch how great that move is. If you want to see a good movie go watch Patton. One of the best World War II movies out there also. Close 2nd is Battle of the Bulge, The Great Escape(the first one, not the new gay one) and Von Ryan's Express with Frank Sinatra.

Love this part in the movie lol.
  10. Mar 31, 2010
    I must kiss you for the Patton love and for The Great Escape. They're such incredible movies. I didn't know you liked older-ish movies, that's so cool! Have you seen COOL HAND LUKE? It's one of my all-time favs as well! What about THE DIRTY DOZEN? Have you seen any Kurosawa flicks like SANJURO or THE HIDDEN FORTRESS. I could definitely see those up your league. Another WW2 (though cheesy movie) that I liked a lot is an oldie starring Van Johnson and Jane Wyman: MIRACLE IN THE RAIN.
  11. Oct 27, 2010
    The Holy Mountain is one of the best made movies of all time, definitely one of my favorites movies (I don't really have a list :razz:)
    Salo is an abomination, but valuable because of that. I frankly thought Monster was harder to watch though, don't know why.

also:

12. Oct 10, 2010

its an episodic, high advanced drama movie
    it stats from the ending and get back to the beginning
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    I've seen The Dirty Dozen and love that movie, The Guns of Navarone, The Big Red One, Stalag 17, sgt. audie murphy, Midway, Tora tora tora, and many others.
  14. Oct 27, 2010

Also, has anyone ever seen The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari?
  15. Mar 31, 2010
    Oldboy was great!!! I love that corridor scene! He fucking OWNS everyone! Also, I liked the original Funny Games, not the remake so much. Too much of the same shit, and not as good... Ulrich Muhe <3.

Also, I haven't seen 11:14. Might check it out sometime. Also, awesome inclusion again for The Big Red One and Stalag 17. Tora Tora Tora was great as well! Haven't seen Midway, Sgt. Audie Murphy. I've been meaning to see The Guns of Navarone for a while now! I love Gregory Peck! Nice list Badg!
  16. Mar 31, 2010
    I didn't quite like Pollack. I enjoyed Fargo, but it's not one of my favorite Coens films. I haven't seen Cabinet of Dr. Caligari yet. Have you seen Metropolis? M? What about the old The Holy Mountain? That 1926 German movie?
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    Every time I see movies like The Dirty Dozen, it reminds of the classics associated with it like: The Great Escape, Kelly's Heros, Where Eagles Dare.

Good stuff.
  18. Oct 27, 2010
    See I like the remake more, the English made it more intense for me and the actors were great.

I've seen Metropolis, it's neat. I haven't seen Der Heilige Berg but I will.

Some more of my favorites:

This is a FANTASTIC FILM:
  19. Oct 10, 2010

one more is this