Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What's Your Summer Workout?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Brett, Jun 10, 2013

1. Dec 6, 2011
    First and foremost, this isn't a fucking "how big can I make my cock look" thread. Only @Dirtbag is allowed to do that with his pushup thread because he's a studmuffin. Anywho, post your summer workouts here, and if you don't have one, maybe it's time to get started, eh?

People can always say "yea I'm going to get into shape next month!", but most of the time it's all talk. With this, you can put something in stone and keep track of where you need to be. I made this to encourage others to be active, as well as help them keep progress of where they are.

As time goes on I'm going to increase the difficulty as much as a can.

~Beginning Stage~
    -Day 1:
    Morning: 60 pull-ups (40 close under, 20 wide over), 100 push-ups, 2-4 mile run
    Afternoon: Gym, Shoulders/back sets, calves sets, shoulders/back sets (doubles on shoulders/back)
    Evening: 1 mile walk or run, stretches

-Day 2:
    Afternoon: Gym, biceps sets, calves sets, biceps sets (doubles on biceps)

-Day 3:
    Afternoon: Gym, triceps sets, chest sets, triceps sets (doubles on triceps)

-Day 4:
    Morning: 60 pull-ups (40 close under, 20 wide over), 100 push-ups, 1 mile walk
    Afternoon: Gym, Legs/calves sets, isolated shoulders sets, legs/calves sets (doubles on legs/calves)

-Day 5:
    Morning: Light workout
    Afternoon: 1 mile walk
    Evening: Relax

Repeat.

Here's my exercises, but obviously not always the same, I mix then up frequently to keep my muscles on my toes (metaphorically speaking):
    -Biceps sets: E-Z grip bar curl, close hand E-Z grip bar reverse curl, preacher E-Z grip bar curl, rope pull curl, leaning E-Z grip bar lift
    -Triceps sets: skull crusher w/ E-Z grip, rope pull-downs, feet elevated above head dips, dumbbell extensions
    -Calves/legs sets: Standing calf raises (on edge of platform), high foot placement leg press, low foot placement leg press
    -Shoulders/back sets: Leaning E-Z grip bar lift, standing dumbbell flys, leaning dumbbell flys, kneeling bench extensions, 45lb. weight plate front lift, sitting machine row, sitting machine bar pull-down (in front of head)
    -Chest sets: Close hand push-ups, bench press, elevated dumbbell press, sitting grip dips

Now, not every workout is going to perfectly fit into someone's schedule, so I even sometimes have to mix up or substitute my workout any way I can to work around my job or other things. I try to get in that light 1 mile walk/run at the end of the day to keep my metabolism going and my body up to speed so I don't get sluggish the next day. It also helps wear off any extra energy I may have. I've found that the final walk/run really knocks me out at the end of the day and gets me ready for the next, but only just enough to not overwork myself or become sore.

What's your workout plan? Do you plan on doing anything to get into/stay in shape? Serious replies only please.

*KEEP THE TROLL RESPONSES AND STUPID REPLIES OUT OF HERE, THIS ISN'T NO-COUNT*

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • May 15, 2011

But in reality I still haven't worked out at all, and I probably can't do anything more than 10 still. :C
    • Jun 11, 2012

Daily Cardio and semi weight. Nothing lifting. A lot of strength training though.
      Benderius, Jun 10, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Jun 10, 2013
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Well maybe it's time to start? :L The hardest obstacle to overcome in almost any challenge is step 1; it gives you a place to start.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I've really wanted to start working out, but I've never really been able to before. Nor do I really know any kind of a routine to do. Any help/suggestions? I have access to a fairly large athletic facility through my college so that's half the battle.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      • Dec 6, 2011
        To be honest, you can start anywhere. It can be anything from walking for 30min on a treadmill and doing a couple pushups here and there, to full blown workouts at the gym. All you really need is the motivation. Honestly, you can find thousands of different workouts to do, or the guys over at the BodyBuilding forums would probably even help you put one together (they have instructional videos on each exercise as well if you don't know what something is).
      • Feb 19, 2011
        As weird as this may sound, I hate walking or running by myself. I have to have someone with me. It is not a safety thing, its just that I hate walking by myself. I walk or run 3 miles everyday (four days a week) outside if my friends want too, but most of the time, I will go on my treadmill and walk/run 3 miles. With a just work to deal with over summer, I will go walk/run on my treadmill four days a week and I will always try to do 50 sit ups a day in those four days.

I work nights three days a week at a grocery store stocking dairy by myself. This dairy section is one of the biggest dairy sections of all the stores this family owns. All I do is run up and down the aisles stocking shit and boxes are heavy so I get to work on my biceps as well. So it kinds of adds up to a 7 day work out schedule.

My news years resolution was too cut soda out of my diet completely and work out as much as possible and I already lost 50 pounds. I am now 210 and loving it!
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I was thinking of investing in a bike this summer. I love bike riding. I'll stop over there. I was a soccer player and a goalie at that so I lack upper body strength but my legs are pretty good. But yeah I just want to workout the whole body in general. Thanks man.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Coming soon in 12 days: low carb/high protein diet in a caloric deficit, 5×5 compound exercises.

I already rock the short shorts. I greatly desire to lose body fat and eventually rock the henleys and the tank tops. . .

Edit: I'm taking 7 classes and working 35-hour workweeks for the next four months on top of the fitness plan. I savor the challenge.
        meeko, Jun 10, 2013 Last edited by meeko, Jun 10, 2013
      • Jul 23, 2012
        Getting off the couch to the bathroom/fridge is enough exercise for me.

Just kidding, I'm planning to do lots of cardio and weight lifting this summer. I'll probably steal your workout plan Brett.

Those fucking legs
        unf.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Mar 31, 2010
          I hate working out. Takes too long, and it's so boring.
          • Funny Funny x 1
            Conker, Jun 10, 2013 Last edited by Conker, Jun 10, 2013
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Word of the wise, cut sit-ups out. They do nothing but stress your back and build just a little portion of your abdominal muscle. A lot of people usually think that sit-ups create washboard abs. This is incorrect. The main exercise would be cardio, and lots of it. Also, awesome resolution, most people don't realize that sugar is a huge culprit in fat building problems. :thumbsup: +1 to you
            Do we all agree @meeko must make an album on here for his sexy fucking legs?
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Feb 19, 2011
              Thanks!!! I actually never knew that about sit-ups. Like what you said, I assumed it helped a lot with the abs.
            • Apr 24, 2012
            • Dec 19, 2008

three mile run to start, then I do calf raises, leg press, and squats, next I do dumbbell presses, curls, and one handed lifts. After that I bench, do seated rows. I work on my lats, deltoids, then I do some triceps. Then I do core work outs. I normally do three sets of everything, increasing the weight each set and I do 10 reps each time.
            • Oct 29, 2010

Soon an album will be upload
              • Like Like x 3
              • May 31, 2012
              • Oct 6, 2012
                i got No Gym anymore, i used to work at a gym here in maui, hawaii and it burned down :crying: i am a pretty fit person but for this summer im gonna be a couch potato. because i got a dislocated knee and recently had surgery! i will recover to Do Crossfit! whoohooo!
              • Nov 11, 2011
              • Sep 6, 2010
                I decided to work out at home lately instead of going to gym. It was taking too much time and money. I have a treadmill at home as well as some dumbbells. I usually alternate between cardio and weights. One day of full cardio: about 30-50 minutes on treadmill with 5.5 - 5.7 speed. Have to do enough warm up before cardio though, because you can injure your knees easily. For weights I do bicep curls with 25 lbs dumbells, for back muscles - with 20 lbs dumbbells, shoulders with 25 lbs, abs and sometimes neck muscles. Everything is set up with music. Jogging gets boring easily without music, so it's a must. Lately started to do weights with music and it works a lot better.