Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

When is Hyperscrolling and/or Scripting enforced?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by tfreeman451, Apr 16, 2017

1. Oct 11, 2013
    Serious question, I've seen some admins enforce it. Others let it slide. Others straight out do it themselves. When does management step in and make a rule on this? In my opinion the most serious offense is the actual scripters:

20170312173022_1
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    We haven't enforced it. If admins are enforcing no hyperscrolling, they shouldn't be. I'm considering just turning off the hyper scrolling alert entirely because people just do it to set off the warning,like bapple is doing here.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    You're not honestly saying the above screenshot is a hyperscroll are you?
  4. Jun 17, 2014
    Lol you SS'ed me using my Macro in a crouch spot, Which only allows you to jumps 1 time; I only do this to make TOG's trigger for "Hacks".

@Brian @Detonator, @Tony The Tiger and MANY more have watched @Oxazebam and myself do this time and time again.

Are you aware that "scripts" in CS:S haven't actually worked in years? Only BHOP hacks work now days & SMAC detects that.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Nice well as long as a few of the leading members of this community know that you actively cheat in game, then no worries! Carry on
  6. Jun 17, 2014
    I'm sorry you don't understand what a Multi-Key Macro is.
  7. Feb 27, 2012
    He's not actually cheating. Its very easy to set off false positives and this map is very easy one to do it on.
  8. Oct 11, 2013

I don't have access to see any warnings for players. I use the sm_jump command when I see someone going at a high velocity rate that doesn't look normal. In this particular case I watched him hop around the ground.

When you see outputs that come across with just 1's and perf that high they are using an out of game method to achieve this. That is no different than an aimbot, wallhack, etc. But I understand there is no rules in place for this and it seems like you've already made up your mind that this is perfectly fine. So I'll drop my point
  9. Jun 17, 2014
    Bro I'm more than happy to demo myself on this map demonstrating how I set off a false positive.
  10. Aug 6, 2016
    Maybe the fastest and easiest solution is to not attempt to set off false positives? :doh:
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jun 17, 2014
      Easiest solution is to disable "Hyperscrolling" and "Hacks!" flags, no reason to have the flags enabled seeing as SMAC does the job perfectly.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      And yet you lack the demo of him doing it, however you seem to have demos of everything else...
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Jun 17, 2014
        I'll demo myself doing it, God dammit.
      • Oct 11, 2013
        Lol...you don't need a demo to see the outputs here. But of course I have it on demo Tony, you know this. But I'm not out here to get Bapple permabanned, but I wanted clarity on the issue. You made it pretty clear, so I dropped the issue.
      • Jul 26, 2016
        It should totally be turned off, so if we don't spend our day in spec, watching people, then real scripters just get away with it just like that? Why not enable autohop then? So the game requires even less skill?
      • Feb 27, 2012
        So you post a thread to make an example of him and then say you're not here to get him in any shit? I calling bullshit. Stop wasting our time.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Oct 11, 2013
          Oh please Tony, I'm sorry to distract you from all the other threads and hot topics going on currently in pF.

Bapple and I had a discussion in game and he asked me to post a thread. My apologies for getting clarification
        • Apr 26, 2015
          This is something that has been discussed with admins and management before when the plugin was put on the server, and brought up again not too long ago. I've watched Bapple and Oxa do this multiple times, along with other players who were suspected of using scripts and/or macros. The jump stats can be flawed as well. Both Brandon and Oxazebam have discussed with me that they both feel macros shouldn't be allowed, and I personally agreed with them. I've got the same mouse as them, which lets me enable macros on it as well. I can add a macro for when I click the middle mouse button, it'll send a left click input ever 1ms to the server and will allow that crazy fire rate on duel elites, and I can add a bhop macro so when i press middle mouse it'll send a jump command to the server every 1ms. Even when I tried to use it, my jumps looked super shitty and it looked like I had no idea how to bhop, yet my jump stats were around 80 perf.

I've seen both of them flag for hacks, and hyperscroll. Its a flawed system, and they've triggered those in situations that aren't alarming at all. Macros and hyperscroll were allowed before this system was in place. But as far as triggers and discipline goes, its a lot like [SMAC] warnings for auto-trigger. It produces false-positives, and basing discipline purely on the systems trigger would result in so many unjust bans and abuse threads if its under the idea "they must be hacking/ scripting, look at the stats!"

I had so many demos of people who were flagging and I was sure were using macros and scripts or whatever. The biggest issue with enforcing this is the uncertainty, or certainty of false positives. I could probably name 6 other players on the server who are better at bhopping who bring up the flags. Do I think macros offer an unfair edge for bhopping? Absolutely. But without any real concrete proof enforcing it is just bad.

I don't even want to stress how much time I've wasted in spectate demoing people who were probably using macros which resulted in no action being taken due uncertainty to distinguish.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            If people aren't abusing it, it is a good tool. Admins especially need to stop abusing the detection. This is a tool, not a toy.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 26, 2016
              Like, why bhop legitly and put effort in it when you can just hyperscroll and whatnot and be good? All the bhop spots (for example on endless) would be totally pointless, would require no skill. Which is sad.