Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

When is Hyperscrolling and/or Scripting enforced?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by tfreeman451, Apr 16, 2017

1. Jul 13, 2011
    i want danxitys script or is it saddams script? thats some op shit.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 26, 2015
      The small % of times an admin is using the tool to intentionally trigger is generally for demonstration purposes, like when bapple or oxa were personally showing me ways that it can trigger with their macros. The other % of times they trigger is when they're just playing the game and they trigger because they're using macros. I don't think because they are using macros and trigger necessarily means they're abusing it.

The part of mine you quoted is time I've spent demoing regulars on the server, not admins, who trigger flags who were thought of using a macro or a script.

This again brings up the case in between telling if someone is using a script or a macro, and if macros are too OP.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Because autohop works exactly how bhop hacks work. It checks for the exact moment a player touches the ground and forces them to jump again. Which is the only way someone can hold a 80+ perf constantly. Scripts can't do that (not anymore, at least) People are blowing this way out of proportion and taking people abusing the detection system as people using bhop hacks. Besides, by that logic, should we ban players from using their scroll wheel to jump too? You should just be able to press space bar and get the jump, don't be scrubs!!11!

I have yet to see someone who can actually effectively bhop script or hyper scroll. I strongly believe that it isn't possible.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Is lua scripting an instrument?
      • Oct 11, 2013
        Comparing a scroll wheel or space bar to a macro designed to jump for you is insane. I guess that's how I know for sure this argument will go nowhere. I don't understand how all these other servers find and ban bhop scripters but it's impossible for PlagueFest
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Apr 26, 2015
          The plugin we have will alert us if someone is using hacks or scripts. It does work, and will alert us which we then warn > kick > ban. I think the biggest issue and misconception is people think that players who are using macros are scripting.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          comparing a script to a hack is just as insane.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Oct 11, 2013
            This is good, we're making some progress here.

Can you clarify what I can use in game, as I'm reading it it looks like the only thing not allowed is "bhop hacks" which you believe don't exist. So am I allowed to script with outputs of all 1's or 2's with a 80 or 90 perf?
          • Jun 17, 2014
            I wasn't scripting son, I was in a crouch spot.
          • Feb 1, 2011
            conclusions i've come to from this thread

1) admins triggering false positives is a bad look and causes concern and confusion for normal players & community members

2) smac and/or the bhop detection system is too sensitive or alerts to things we don't actively enforce. this adds to the general confusion around the 'rule' for both players and admins

3) anything other than perfect bhop scripting is technically ok. such as hyperscrolling and macros

at the very least the thread is good for clarification purposes
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Nov 20, 2013
              i want this shit too, damnit is very op
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Dec 27, 2012
                It really is amazing how much time and effort people put in just to "prove" that some other people "might" be using a macro/hyperscroller/script or whatever. If it's difficult to tell if someone is using a "hack", they're probably not hacking because hacks are by their very nature easy to detect, and all you need to do is to use your eyeballs.

The jump command is indeed flawed, and even with given numbers they may just as well be true as false. Look at the actual player, not numbers.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Jul 26, 2016
                  So you would spend all your day hunting these people? Just to make sure they don't fuck up the game for everyone else? Or notice it after they fuck YOUR game up and make you seem like a salty kid, even if you were right about them? It's easier to ask people to "turn their shit off" even if they didn't have it and THEN apologize, than to have someone around you might not notice just cause you don't see them/people don't recognize it/you don't get warned about them?

I don't like things that are above scroll bhopping, it's way less effort, imo. Which makes legit bhoppers seem less, since their perfs are usually lower and whatnot. Just saying.
                • Dec 27, 2012
                  Not sure if you missed those, but there you go. Hacks are easily detectable by simply having a quick look and having some form of experience of how the games mechanics work. Spending a whole day just to see someone mess up seems stupid to me, which was the point I tried to make.
                • Jul 26, 2016

It's not about spectating them AND not noticing, it's just that we don't have eyes everywhere. Isn't it easier to get a warning and then investigate, than to get shit on/get fucked up just cause you didn't actually see it cause there are 40 other players on the server and you want to play too sometimes?
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  bhop hacks are the only thing that will give you insane speeds and perfect bhopping. scripting and hyperscrolling are unreliable as there are latency issues. People get flagged for hyper scrolling when they are sending 20+ jump commands while in the air. Scripts that spam jump are flagged as hyper scrolling. All Brandon did was go into a window and turn on his script that spams jump and it looks like he is bhop hacking when he isn't.

tl;dr bhop hacks are the only thing that work perfectly, and scripts/hyperscrolling are unreliable and don't do you any good.
                • Dec 27, 2012
                  I read through your post carefully, Space. I'm not saying that you don't have eyes everywhere. I AM saying that hackers are easily distinguished by looking at their general movement.

Resorting to warnings > kicks > bans should be absolute last resort. We want players to come back, not getting rid of them. Giving them warnings because they "might" use an unfair third-party program is not exactly a very welcoming experience, nor does it seem like a good idea.

Server admins aren't nazi polices, they're regular players with some unique privileges. You use those privileges only if the situation calls for it, never else should you use them. As such, I respect that admins such as yourself wants to enjoy your time just like a regular player does. No, you don't have eyes everywhere but that's completely fine. Never did I state otherwise! However, it was your own decision to become a server admin - with such purchase comes responsibilities. But hey, I'm not saying you're not doing good work, that's not the point - I just want you to see where I stand on this matter.

TL;DR Server admins are regular players with privileges not to be used as he/she sees fit, but as a last resort.
                  • Like Like x 1
                    Vicarious, Apr 16, 2017 Last edited by Vicarious, Apr 16, 2017
                  • Oct 13, 2011
                    It's not impossible, they just don't need to.

I don't get why you guys are arguing this literally. Bhopping has like 0 impacts on ZM gameplay. Oh, unless you're playing maps like 4way_tun and such.

Bhopping zombies were never a problem and will never be thanks to glorious p90 and knockback.
                    Can't make it to your spot in time ? I thought you guys had !pfly ?
                    If you can't bhop, you can't bhop that simple. Bhopping in zm is useless, but cool.

Also, scripting and macro are 2 different things. Smac will detect a script but it will never flag you for using macro.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Oct 11, 2013

I don't know how your hyperscroll flag system works as I'm not an admin. But there is a way to tell when someone is using a macro or a hyperscroll despite the fact that you can obtain high jump commands while falling. If you have consistent high numbers that is a great indicator of using hyperscroll or a macro. If you are falling as in Endless and you're using your mouse wheel you can easily hit 70-80 jumps sent to the server, but your line won't be 70 70 70 70 70 70 70 70. But I agree there can be false information but that's why you should spectate the player in question to ensure it's legitimate.

Going to Bapple's screenshot, I'm baffled how you continue to defend him and the only reason why I'm responding to this is to correct you. I'm on the wall in Officespace, I witness him jumping around at a high speed while making no noise on the ground. I look away to pull up console to type in the command. You're telling me in these few seconds that he quickly ran to a window to mess around and trigger the warning system? Whether you're in a window or not, you should not be scripting period.

Again this isn't just about Bapple, it involves him in a sense that he was the admin I was referring to earlier as the one who was warning another player for using a macro. I wanted clarification on what was accepted as this is a fairly big issue in the server. I can think of about 20-25 players who having started using these methods because it's tolerated.

What's worse? Having new players join the server who are running away from a zombie using a hyperscroll/macro/script to obtain a high speed and are killed even though they had a massive head start? OR just not allowing people the unfair advantage of using tools that a majority of the player base doesn't have the same access to
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Oct 29, 2010
                        Whether you call it hacks, scripts, or macros, it's all the same to me. If you're gaining an unfair advantage via a 3rd party, no matter how "imperfect" it may be, it should not be allowed.

I, for one, am not happy we've moved away from enforcing this.
                        • Agree Agree x 3
                        • Informative Informative x 1