Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

When is Hyperscrolling and/or Scripting enforced?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by tfreeman451, Apr 16, 2017

1. Oct 11, 2013
    Many servers use a form of what pF uses to detect scripts and hyperscrolls/macros and they work fine. They do not have what ZM has in the sense that you can be launched or drop from a distance to inflate your jumps number. But if properly trained admins should be able to detect this correctly. I've had numerous admins come to me asking me about players jumps in the past few months where I explain the differences. Once understood they know what to look for.

ZE had a strict no bunny hop policy. Players would bhop in circles and would be warned/kicked - the trollers and trigger happy admins led to the massive issue in ZE. For ZM bunny hopping would be acceptable but no macros/hyperscrolls/scripts would be allowed. This would greatly level the playing field. Yes there is a massive game change when you're going against mother ZM (and yes most of these players are donors/admins) that's using one of these techniques. Your P90 will not hold them off as they can gain incredible speed from a dead stop, as you backpedal with the P90 you're running slower. You're simply no match, not even highly skilled/intelligent players will survive. Now take someone who is new to the server and sit there wondering what just happened.

Players get incredibly frustrated and eventually just leave. So we're catering to the 15-25 people that actively use this just because they're afraid of trying to police it while losing players.
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    here's my confusion on Hyperscrolling in particular - it doesnt really work because the jumps stop registering if mwheel is spinning too fast. i remember a few years ago nozgat and I among others got around this by capping our framerate at a certain amount where every jump would be detected while hyperscrolling.

so the people getting 'perfect' jumps are either fps capping or using some other method to get perf jumps. because just unhinging the mousewheel and spinning it full speed doesn't do much of anything
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 17, 2014

the servers min_spec won't let anyone cap FPS <60 FPS anymore.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        yeah so hardware hyperscrolling should be a non issue right?
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 17, 2014
          When I enable Hyperscrolling on my G502 is fucks me up. The inconsistency is brutal.
        • Jan 21, 2011
          It's been a non-issue since that anti-fps cap thing was put in. I think the primary issue here is with keyboard macros.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I did some messing around today with AHK. Macros set to mouse buttons seem to be way more effective than keyboard macros. I was getting double the commands sent to the server using my mouse button.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jan 5, 2014
              Proteus Core G502?

mouse buddies yeaaaahhhhh

im xtremely insulted i wasnt inclooded
              • Like Like x 3
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Artistic Artistic x 1
              • Aug 6, 2016
                Your level of awesomeness in anything and everything is so surreal that your name not need be mentioned, for all shalt know thus name place is first.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Jan 25, 2014
                  Idk why you bitches even need macros or scripting or hacks to play a game. It takes away all the fun and challenge out of it.

I actually have to agree with @Momo using a 3rd party to gain an advantage is cheating.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Jun 14, 2012
                    "Hyperscrolling" and scripting is fucking stupid. It's always been frowned upon as long as I can remember. It gives an unfair advantage to those users who have that mouse or however the fuck they are doing it. Stupid stupid stupid
                    • Agree Agree x 4
                    • Feb 6, 2017
                      I thought you were too big of a deal to worry about those things.
                    • Jun 14, 2012
                      oh i'm not worried about it. i still shit on them. i just think its stupid :smile:
                    • Mar 29, 2015
                      Its not hard, No flagging. 80% of ppl on PF use either a macro or a script its obvious as fuck hell even i use a macro and its fucking OP broken and shouldnt be aloud even my hyper scroll is broken. Theres a reason NO flagging is aloud on GFL because that is the only way to stop it and it works a charm ppl learned real fuckin quick while i played DR there.. if u flag ur obviously using something that gives a unfair advantage there is no argument to that its plain as day.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • May 31, 2012
                        I have some really bad news for you :doh:
                        • Funny Funny x 1
                        • Aug 8, 2010
                          So...this whole conversation is stupid and has gone on way too long. The fact is that people have been mega bouncing all over the server for ever now. The one thing I can say is that anyone can use AHK. Anyone. Therefore it does not give any more of an advantage over others any more than pure skill does already. Noobs will always noob. Also, it adds a new dimension and fun to the game. Lets face it people, this is an old ass engine with an old ass mod. To keep it going fresh things should be added. I for one do not give a flying fuckinski if people bouncy faggit all over. It is fun. Also, anyone can do it. If people do not know how to do it, then that is on them. It is the same damn thing as shift jumping. You can either do it or die trying. It is skill based. Same thing for using AHK or whatever. It is based on a persons computer skills. But, like I have aid, anyone can do it. So, there really is not a huge advantage over others.

GGGAY?
                        • Jan 21, 2011
                          So we should allow aimbots and wall hacks because anyone can use them? Ahk is an external method to gain an advantage in game. It's not comparable to crouch jumping which is part of the game.
                          • Agree Agree x 5
                          • Jul 14, 2010
                            Don't be surprised if management makes an official post soon stating that the only acceptable means of bhopping are using spacebar (any key really), or your mouse wheel (mwheelup, mwheeldown). It's not official yet, but it may be coming soon™ to theaters near you. Learn to bhop normally or don't.
                            • Agree Agree x 4
                            • Jul 26, 2016
                              It adds fun to the game, but for who? For people who legitly bhop with mwheel and struggle with some jumps? For people who want to learn it and ask them for help but they can't, cause these swaggers don't know how to do it without crap either?
                            • Aug 6, 2016