Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

When is Hyperscrolling and/or Scripting enforced?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by tfreeman451, Apr 16, 2017

1. Aug 6, 2016
    Just keep it up. Everything takes time. Don't listen to nay sayers. <3 Bapple has been bhopping for years and no amount of spacebars, barz, macros, scripts or hacks in the world put together can make him even have a speed equivalent to shift crouch walking backwards with an Awp, while on fire and frozen.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • May 2, 2017
      it is a rule not to hack or exploit in the server. end of story. admins need to start enforcing bans. go to spectate and ban players caught doing it.
    • Jul 26, 2016
      Hackers and scripters do get banned. This is not about hacks or scripts, those are enforced, it's about hyperscroll/ahk/macro.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Its because it doesn't wait 3 rounds to go off anymore. As soon as they show signs of hyperscrolling, they get flagged.
    • Dec 27, 2012
      As I've stated before, I'm not for nor against enforcing all this.

I'll have to say that I really don't hope this starts a trigger-happy ban spree, however. We want players to come back to pF servers, so keep the focus there and enforce only if the player absolutely refuse to play by legitimate means.
    • Jan 25, 2014
      wait so is hyper scrolling now illegal such as using your mouse wheel for jump?

or just macros?
    • Dec 27, 2012
      AFAIK, not illegal yet. Hyperscrolling and the use of macros will likely become illegal, considering where this discussion is headed.

Binding your jump to mouse wheel is completely fine.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Jumping with your mouse wheel will still be allowed.

Should probably make sure we're all on the same page as far as what hyperscrolling is. Some mice have a feature to disable the 'clicking' of a mouse wheel, allowing it to spin freely or "hyperscroll." Using this hyperscroll feature, as far as I've been able to discern, will not allow you to bhop in CS:S; I don't know the logistics of it, but the game simply does not register the wheel movements while spinning freely.

Now, what is likely confusing some, the plugin we've been using to detect players using bhop scripts/hacks/macros will often show players using an AutoHotkey macro as "Hyperscrolling" even though that's not exactly what they're doing.

Edit: Also to reaffirm what Vicarious said, nothing is in place yet as far as ruling, so no one should be enforcing anything new.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 31, 2016
        so are we enforcing the no macro/ hyper scroll now??
      • Aug 6, 2016
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I think one of the major contributors to killing ZE was the fact that we were so ban happy with bhoppers. I don't think we should make the same mistake with ZM.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Jul 14, 2010
            Brian hasn't been on in a couple weeks, so probably what we're waiting on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          • Jul 26, 2016
            There is difference between bhopping with mwheel and everything else, if they can bhop legitly too, then all they need to do is to use mwheel. If not, then they either learn it or don't do it.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            Hopefully we'll be adding this rule tonight or next day, updating guides so admins know how to enforce, and making a news thread.
            • Like Like x 2
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 6, 2017
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 6, 2017
                I don't know if that's been discussed, but when that gets passed/enforced/applied, maybe add that new ruling to the few messages that automatically appear every now and then in the in-game left chat section like the "nor racism, have you been backstabbed good, etc..." messages.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy who doesn't take the time to read the "rules and guidelines disclaimer" whenever you join a server or change map.
              • Apr 26, 2015
                Probably 95% of players don't read the MOTD or rules. An admin warning them for it will generally be enough to get the point across.
              • Jul 14, 2010
                Yeah it will be added to the server announcements that you see in game chat once we sort everything out in a timely manner.

Nice to see that someone actually reads them lol