Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

When's minas coming back?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Bruce, Jul 14, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 14, 2012
    I love that map but it hasnt been on the server in quite a while. Will it ever be back? :frown:
  2. Feb 20, 2011
  3. May 11, 2011
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    It doesn't crash the server, it glitches the physics making the level system and all other things that rely on physics not work. A server restart is then needed to fix it.

We do play it occasionally though when Haplo feels like it (usually once every weekend).
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    Why does minas only buggs physics on pf almost evrytime we play it ?
    I just mean , the map runs longer good on other servers , whats the big difference between the servers that it doesnt work on pf .....maybe thats an approach
  6. Jul 4, 2011
    I'd say lots of people = chances of glitching increases, no idea what causes it though.
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    We still don't know for sure what causes the physics to glitch. The biggest lead so far is that its caused by the barricades; but since we can't reproduce the glitch at will, we really don't know what causes it...
    But even if its related to them we don't understand if its because using too many at once, or many inside each other, or if there are X places where a barricade poping will glitch...

As Tony says, more people gives more changes of the glitch appearing; and maybe not only because there are more people who can recreate the glitch (even if unwillingly) but maybe also because it needs a minimum of people doing something at once to occur...

I suggested Hannibal replacing the physics-barricades with something more similar to the Earth Materia (something that appears and has no real physics on it, can be floating) to get rid of the bug; but thats kinda a lot of work and is kinda destroying the whole physic-barricade thing he wanted to acomplish... Also he is not feeling like keep editing forever his old maps; specially when is more of an engine-problem than something he did wrong.
    Not sure if I will convince him to replace them at some point; but I would guess that it won't happen (if it happens at all!) until a playable version of his new map Last Man Standing gets released (and is a lot of time to wait for it).

The solution could be making barricades similar to the ones you can place on Tony's Montana ZM; but being each one a single prop; instead of his more Paranoid-Builder approach.
    Tumbs up if you did understand all my references. XD
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Kaemon, Jul 14, 2012 Last edited by Kaemon, Jul 14, 2012
    • Mar 20, 2012
      There are no more cades if the server has more people , but yeah, more people creating probably higher probability of causing these glitches

Mhh its just sad that one of the biggest server with good zombiesettings(firenades..no failnades..fair knockback) cant play this map.
      I hope LastManStanding doesnt have the same problems then, if he keeps the cading system.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Every time I go on, I get at least five requests per day to nominate Gondor Castle--

--even though the requester(s) are well-aware of the fact Gondor Castle has been off the maplist for sometime.

Poor people. -_-
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 19, 2011
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I most certainly cannot. . .I'm back home. D:
      • Jul 14, 2012
        Can someone restart the server it's lagging crazy
      • Dec 6, 2011
        If it helps from what i have seen it is the amount of cades used at once, mainly the big rocks getting spammed is what bugs it.Also having a full 60 slot sever dose make the chance of this shoot up
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 20, 2011
          I never relay like minas because its to long and if you not playing from stage 4 tell the end no chance to get white knight and that make it low chance for you to win I used to play v2_2fix tell Hannibal made v3_3 and that in all other maps expect paranoid and mako I used to like his old maps they used to be fun and then he update it to make it fair for zombies
        • Feb 21, 2007
          Minas is not coming back until it quits breaking the physics. Until then, I do not see a need to keep another "when is minas coming back" thread open.
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.