Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Where does it all go?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Noodles, Mar 22, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    This thread may not be the best way to ask or question the staff, but I have a serious question:

There are about 100 Server Admins and 150 Donators.

If Server Admin is roughly $14 a month (taking into account some people got locked into the deal going a while ago) and $4 a month for Donators (Same circumstances), that would mean there is, in gross, about $2000 collected monthly. So the big question remains,

Where does it all go?

I understand server costs and such, but is there other sources that it all goes to?
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Well, some people buy 3-6 month admin so that number goes down.

Also, server costs go well into the thousands
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @retslag1 goes to the male strip club every Friday night.
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Apr 9, 2007
        @Ray can answer this one probably the best.
      • Feb 20, 2011
        Ray bought $40,000,000 worth of Moonrocks, ground 'em up into powder. Turns out powdered moonrocks are pure poison, who'd have guessed?
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Oct 4, 2011
          Huh. Good question. Where indeed does it all go?
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jul 5, 2008
            well, theres probably a few nonpaying admins or even donators so that drops it alot.
            i believe they have 2 server boxes? which is anywhere from 150-400$ each. plus upgraded bandwidth for the server usage which can sometimes be costly.
            if the website is hosted on its own server so probably 10-20$ a year for the domain and 5-80$ a month for the hosting.
            and then brian, ray, kyle all really like cheesecake, so every friday they go eat 30$ each of that, so 4 times 90... 360$ a month in cheesecake.

so it kinda builds up
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Feb 12, 2012
              I believe the system updates the Donators/Admins, because it's an automatic thing. I remember when I paid for admin, it automatically made me server admin.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              Server bills bring us to $8700/m~. I'm not sure if Tax is charged or not. But it's Tax season soon and Paypal is reporting transactions to the IRS...

With this being said, I don't have access (by choice) to view the old paypal account, so I have no idea how many subs we truly have. There are some floaters, though.
            • Jul 19, 2011
              they PAY ME to be a donator....