Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Which is better AMD or Intex

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Vikas, Sep 10, 2013

1. Sep 9, 2013

Guys, I am going to change my Laptop, I have two things in my mind, whether latest version by AMD or Intex. As far as I think, for computer gaming experience AMD is the best for his best graphic ability (but during games produces too much heat at the bottom near between fan and processor) and on the other hand Intex has the best processors and no- one can compete their processing speeds ( but lacks in graphic).

You guys, tell me which one is better because I want both Best Gaming Graphics as well as fast speed of the processor with their reliability.
  2. Jul 14, 2010

Intel is usually faster and more optimized for games, but it's more costly. AMD is cheap and wins price vs performance, but Intel and Nvidia have the best performance but are more expensive.

Not gonna start the desktop vs laptop debate, but if you can do without portability always get a desktop. If you must stick with laptop I'm sure someone here can help you pick out a good one if you need more than just brand name to choose.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      NOT! Amd graphics cards perform the same for cheaper.

Intel processors are the fastest so you get better performance.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Not sure where you got AMD for graphics/Intel for whatever, but if you're saying CPUs, then it's plain and simple: AMD for low-budget, Intel for Gaming/high-budget, if you want the best gaming experience. If you're talking GPUs, Intel doesn't really work like that, it'd be Nvidia vs. AMD. For integrated CPU graphics, AMD's APUs (CPU + GPU) are pretty decent but I don't follow them as much and not sure about their reliability + compatibility in laptops. Intel Integrated 4000 graphics got quite an upgrade from the 3000, so it's going to be pretty decent performance wise, but obviously not even close to a dedicated GPU on it.

Also, speed of the processor doesn't really tell you anything in black and white, such as a 2500k running @ 3.3GHz would still beat out a FX8150 or something running at 4.2GHz or whatever ridiculous clocks they run on.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      AMD for processor, I just laughed my balls of. Intel is the only corridor you should be walking
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Aug 2, 2010

Seriously, Intel if you're not on a budget. I still prefer AMD over Nvidia for GPUs.
      • Sep 6, 2010
        Never heard of Intex lol but Intel is good :grin:
      • Mar 12, 2008
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 23, 2010
          Well Intel if you have money to spend, but if you're on a budget, AMD. Its all comes down to what you will need it for, how you're gonna use it (Overclock or not, etc.) and personal preference.

But I prefer AMD over Intel, same as the GPU.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          AMD is currently dominating Nvidia in the GPU scene. A $300 card outperforms their $450 cards, as well as 2 years of work on Sea Islands GPUs. But you have to remember, one is never always on top.
        • Jun 23, 2010
          And The Never Settle game bundle. Big deal!
        • Dec 6, 2011
          BUT CUDA CORES AND PHYSX, WOW, SO PERFORMANCE, SO AMAZE
        • Jun 11, 2012
          WOW, SUCH POWER, SO STRONG, BF5 RUNS AMAZIN, WOW
        • Sep 9, 2013
          OK, I decided to buy Intel with Nvidia Graphics Card. Because i am going to use it in laptop, So, i want reliability and performance both.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Apr 9, 2012

I ment that for CPU's, I don't believe AMD is anything good for a strong PC case, I mean I couldn't even convince myself taking one. You should be taking the Hashwell CPU's from Intel if you are on a big budget. AMD for GPU is what I prefer, NVIDIA is just more expensive, and not always better.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Aug 2, 2010
              Never said one is always better. I just said I prefer AMD.

Please refer to my sig.
            • Jul 1, 2010
              I just disagree. In standard gaming I don't feel that you are really going to notice that much, if any, difference between what is considered the top of the line affordable Intel and the top of the line affordable AMD, at least not enough that I would consider buying Intel. Intel may be more powerful overall, and benchmarks better, but what matters is what the end user actually detects. I personally think that AMD provides more bang for the buck, and I'm still even using a 965 Black Box edition that is years old and is still doing perfectly fine on new games maxed out.

If you want to say that you have the more powerful processor, and you have the money, go Intel as Intel might outlast an AMD as far as performance-meets-game. I personally tend to upgrade before either would actually meet their bottleneck (with this 965 being the exception, which still really hasn't).
              • Agree Agree x 1
                Dharkk, Sep 11, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Sep 11, 2013