Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal White Tubes [Illegal Spot]

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by EvIl_MoNkeY, Jun 15, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 23, 2011

Can you look into this spot. I dont know if this has been discussed before but a lot of players grief about that spot. Lot of regulars on the panic server agree it should be illegal.

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also I cannot make a new topic in Illegal Spots forum, can the mods move this to the right section.

Thanks
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    These tubes are partially crouch spots. There are three places where zombies crouch jump to get up and the rest the zombies must crouch to pass.
    In my experience, these tubes are nigh impossible for zombies to breach. I agree that this spot should be illegal.

EDIT: Penguin those tubes are not shallow at all, they are really deep, 2 tubes deep
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    you can stack up in front of the little space between the tubes and run in (which is difficult) making it a non crouch spot (on top of the tubes you must crouch but if ur in the middle standing u can hit the people crouched back because of it's shallowness. the spot is tough and it could be illegal but it doesn't really qualify as a ledge nor crouch spot from what i've seen.

edit: i can has i slightly agree that it probably should and will end up being illegal but i do believe it is quite shallow enought, however when u get in between the pipes it is really thin space and the spot itself is near impossible to die in if ur all the way in the back.
  4. Feb 23, 2011
    I have almost never seen any pros getting stabbed there, thats "IF" any of them decide to go there in the first place.

Does it always have to be a crouch or a ledge spot ?
  5. Feb 23, 2011
    Ya penguin they aint shallow at all. They are quiet deep, so you can sit back and shoot the zombies off no probs.

Plus the admin skin helps with the jump but otherwise most noobs cant even make the jump without a boost. [Mother zombies excluded]
  6. Jul 14, 2010
    I have made a demo as to why the spot is easily considered legal. http://www.mediafire.com/?c0ngungva24oik8 i hope u can see what i wrote in chat if not you will see the tubes are indeed shallow enough and that you can stand on the far left tube as well so that creates 2 boost spots that u can stand in nullifying it as a crouch spot. And it is obviously not a ledge, i say it should still be legal.
  7. May 15, 2011
    Too bad. Once the fix is up, it won't be accessible anymore. I blocked it off. :3

So I guess until then it should just stay legal. Too much hastle otherwise.
  8. Jul 14, 2008

Jk

That spot should remain legal. Learn to be a zombie dammit!
  9. Mar 26, 2011
    Okay to seem to me its a crouch spot up top of tubes and there is no way that zombies can't get them. :down:

EDIT: It should be illegal in IMO....
  10. Feb 11, 2011
    I have seen this spot used many times, and in my experience its pretty easy to get to. HOWEVER if a pro were to go there (as stated before why would they? lol) they could hold it off. As a admin, its easy for us to run-jump-crouch and tag the human, but for non admin/donor its a little more difficult, but not impossible. I say keep it legal, soon humans wont have anywhere to go, 'cuz everything will be illegal.
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    Looks like the discussion about this spot is going well. I just moved the topic to the Illegal Spots section.

I believe the map this is referring to is zm_lila_panic_pfcf1. I hope to conduct some tests as well.
  12. Oct 21, 2010
    This is an illegal spot and I enfource it as such.

I am actually waiting to get access to post and remove maps on the lila server. All the maps in lila have been edited by dirtbad and chodda and they have removed all the illegal spots. The new edited maps need to be added and the old ones removed. I will do this soon. This will be the first ZM server to be illegal spot free in PF history. So no worries we are hard at work behind the scenes taking care of business. Go mappers :tongue:

Taz
  13. Jan 30, 2011
    I say it should be illegal as the only way to get up is to either crouch jump or stack, and when you get up you need to crouch to move between the tops of the tubes. I've only been able to get humans up there if they go afk.
  14. May 15, 2011

It isn't illegal in any way.

With a properly executed crouch-jump you can get up.

Yes noobs try to go their but since they can't usually crouch-jump they give up. Or get a vendy.

Anyways, it's not illegal cause it's not impossible and I am not a Dirtbad. I'm a Dirtbag. :teehee:

And yes me and the Chode Master are getting it doing done. Just be patient. Awesome takes time to load too you know.
  15. Jan 30, 2011
    Depends on how many humans are up there, if there are 3-5 up there, it is near impossible to get up. Also humans can see the area infront of the tubes so only a few zombies can stand there/crouch there hiding from their FOV. But even when I was trying to get up there when 2 humans were already up there, was tough, later I just gave up because they had p90's, one shot to the head and you get shot back.
  16. Oct 21, 2010

Good post.

Taz
  17. Mar 26, 2011
    Even I went up there for a test and its a crouch spot and Illegal.
  18. Feb 23, 2011
  19. May 6, 2011

Yah the space between tubes do not need to crouch, but, need very precise jump nearly impossible for many players. Also, never seen the spot fail b4 for survivors, unless someone was been really stupid and not pay attention to what they are doing.
  20. Jul 14, 2010
    This is happens to many spots that are legal. This spot doesn't fall under any definition of an illegal spot, it's not a crouch nor ledge, has 2 spots you can boost stand up and run at the humans. Sure it's difficult but there are plenty of spots that are difficult and not illegal. (Still possible to die in of course). If we removed every spot that was hard to die in well, this would be zombieescape not zombiemod (camp and shoot zombies).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.