Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Whitelisted Country

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by reyeztak, Jan 31, 2012

1. Jun 7, 2011
    I was told that apparently the Philippines is currently blacklisted for mic chat. An admin friend of mine(also living in the Philippines) told me that i could get whitelisted only by moderator's. So can I get whitelisted?
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    I'm confused, a little more detail please? Links to information?
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    His country is muted on join. A giant portion of the countries in the world are.
  4. Apr 2, 2011
    One way for you to be exempt from that (If I am not mistaken) is to get donator... It should allow you access to the mic even when the rest of your country is not...
    Also remember: A country is blacklisted for a reason...
  5. Dec 30, 2011
    Why are some countries blacklisted as such?
  6. Jan 8, 2012
    Speaking other languages in this case I would believe is considered spam thats why.
  7. May 15, 2011
    No other languages are allowed to be used on the mic as we are an english speaking community and since we have no way to moderate it, it's considered spam.

You can, however, type in your native language as long as you don't flood the chat senselessly.

Also, Platoon is correct, Donator exempts you from the blacklist.
  8. Jul 14, 2008
    I don't see a problem with Philippines being whitelisted, if I'm correct English is one of the official languages so Philippine players should be able to speak it fairly well.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    Yes, I do believe the majority of the population speaks some English.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    A good chunk of the Philippines knows english. Their main language is Tagalog
  11. Aug 2, 2010
    Don't see why the Philippines isn't whitelisted. People speak English there thanks to it formerly being a US territory.
  12. Mar 12, 2008
    Being an English-speaking server which is hosted in America, we blacklist countries that speak different languages (Except those that are primarily english, Like Canada, Britania, Zimbabwe, etc...) since a lot of times they type in their language and especially, like to screech on the mic in their language. Less work for admins, more happy players.

The country blacklist has worked very well since we've implemented it, and all it takes is for someone to prove why they should be on it. No problems after that.
  13. Oct 29, 2010
    If I recall correctly: Skullface is from the Philippines, no? (I've heard him speak on the mic from time to time)
  14. Jun 7, 2011
    Actually schools in the Philippines are required to teach english, so I dont know why the Philippines would be blacklisted.
  15. Feb 21, 2007
    they are blacklisted by default, and have to be whitelisted to get unmuted.
  16. Jun 7, 2011
    Thats why im asking for the Philippines to be whitelisted. Most people who live in the Philippines can talk in English so it probably wont be a problem if we are whitelisted.
  17. Feb 21, 2007
    bumping this so i remember to try to remember how to whitelist a country later tonight
  18. Apr 9, 2007

To clarify, there's a white list. There are no banned Countries at the time of this writing.
  19. Feb 21, 2007
  20. Jun 7, 2011