Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

who can I even talk to about this

Discussion in Help Desk started by Kitten Jedi, Nov 7, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 23, 2012
    Everyone in the bolded parts knows me quite well, so it's not like it's a case of 'oh I didnt know or I wouldn't have said that.'

keth wants to rock the vote. (3 votes, 34 required)
    Impeach Obama Now: apollo dont listen to kitten hes just a fag
    Kitten Jedi: GO BIG OR GO HOME
    [Source Mod] Mark wants to rock the vote. (4 votes, 34 required)
    Mark: rtv
    Jimmy Russels: OH GUYS GUESS WHAT. THE RING DIED
    [Source Mod] do you even lift wants to rock the vote. (5 votes, 34 required)
    do you even lift: rtv
    =pF= Barack Obama: LOL no chance either way
    MZez: were u the ring brotado
    Good kid M.A.A.D city connected.
    numnuts: jump off
    [Source Mod] scrick. wants to rock the vote. (6 votes, 34 required)
    scrick.: rtv
    do you even lift: no
    numnuts: kill yourselves
    do you even lift: i died ages ago
    Any sort of discrimination will result in your removal from the server.
    Kitten Jedi: WOW YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CALL ME FAG BRO
    Kitten Jedi: THIS SERVER SAYS NO DISCRIMINATION
    *Spec* ๖ۣۜComplex1ty: Ggg
    scrick.: pls dont delay
    Impeach Obama Now: shut up fag
    [Source Mod] ﻯokí wants to rock the vote. (7 votes, 34 required)
    *Spec* ﻯokí: ROCKTHEVOTE
    do you even lift: 0/10 troll kitten
    MZez: nade
    do you even lift: try harder.
    [pF]apollo: usage kitten
    ™H&K USP45/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿: !zmarket
    loveroxas connected.
    22@DK** killed KitKat with zombie_claws_of_death.
    Kitten Jedi: see so uncool
    [pF]apollo suicided.
    KitKat killed MZez with zombie_claws_of_death.
    Impeach Obama Now: fag
    ||Singhson|| suicided.
    *Spec* ๖ۣۜComplex1ty: Dat Tmp
    loveroxas suicided.
    K33P-SiX suicided.
    Impeach Obama Now: fag

This sort of crap is just so routine. How can you profess to have a 'no discrimination' policy just because you don't let people say the N word. And every time I bring it up, it gets quietly shoveled away, just 'shut the fuck up kitten, we don't really wanna hear or talk about this, thanks,' like Apollo did right there. AN ADMIN REAFFIRMED THIS, don't forget.

An ADMINISTRATOR confirmed that it was okay for him to continue calling me fag, fully aware of my sexuality, right after this popped up on screen:

Any sort of discrimination will result in your removal from the server.
    Rather than just admit that the rule is clearly being broken, the administrator would rather defend the user's right to be childishly homophobic. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Why go to the effort of making a race friendly environment but then stop halfway at being sexuality friendly?
    I don't even like bringing it up because of the stream of complaints I get each time, 'kitten you're such an attention whore' 'kitten you're so annoying' 'kitten just stop trolling', but as much as it kills me to admit it, I really like this server. I like the maps, I like the people (most of them), I like the good times and the fails, I like the rages and the laughs and the tears. I care about the tons of people that play on that server every day and make it such an entertaining environment. I appreciate that you went to the trouble of making it a race-friendly environment, something a lot of servers won't even bother to do - but why stop there? Is the right to say 'faggot' just that sacred?
  2. Mar 12, 2008

This does not apply as it is used as an insult rather than an attack on the person themselves. We have multiple other threads about this topic alone. search the term "fag" in the search bar there and see just how many we have.

Allowing yourself to get trolled however doesn't mean you can expect someone to do something about it. Ignoring a person is much easier.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nov 29, 2010
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I don't see how calling a openly gay dude a fag is not discrimination.. i see ur point kitten
      • Jul 16, 2012
        Hard to believe people on the internet have feelings, eh? Don't give me the whole "Get thicker skin" story either.

By reading the log provided, it doesn't seem like Kitten was opening himself to any form of trolling.

^This.
      • Ronjon
        This message by Ronjon has been removed from public view. Deleted by Momo, Nov 7, 2012, Reason: Dumb.
        Nov 7, 2012
      • Mar 12, 2008
        This may be true, but in this case, it's player abuse. This guy was calling kitten a fag, knowing he was gay, and nobody did anything about it. A simple "hey admin" should have sufficed but it looks like none was issued.

we're there to help, but without anyone asking there isn't much we can do eh.
      • Sep 7, 2010
        It's kind of sad when someone can verbally berate another person who has requested to not be spoken to in that manner, and the harassment continues because the word itself is "ok". How one person calling another person a fag over an over again can be seen as friendly competitive shit talking is beyond me.
      • May 11, 2011
        This started because me and kitten were having a joke talk and this guy called him this i did not think it was an attack on kittens sexuality.Also it would have helped if Kitten would have explained a bit more to me because this is the first i have seen of this person.
      • Oct 9, 2012
        If someone just calls someone a fag, its like calling someone an ass or a jerk, not discrimination or a problem. But if someone comments calling you a homosexual and making fun of someone for being a "fag" or "faggot" would be along the lines of discrimination. This doesnt seem to be the case.!
      • Jul 1, 2010
        This post, in addition to some more digging through the logs, has resulted in a 1 day ban for the player. Within 3 minutes of what Kitten Jedi posted this was found:

Nov 7, 2012 9:45:03 pm can you feel me inside you

In this specific situation this falls under both Harassment and Discrimination, which is in blatant violation of the rules.

This being said, being called a faggot is NOT against the rules and is all about context.

:handcuffs:
        • Winner Winner x 3
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I just want to clarify, in case there is any confusion by this decision, this player was not banned for calling Kitten Jedi a fag; this is simply not against the rules, no matter who or what you are.

This player was banned because he was blatantly harassing another player, whether they were openly gay or not.

This probably sounds harsher than I intend, so my apologies, I just wanted to ensure this was clarified for potential future situations.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.