Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Who wants to be absolutely sexy and get me a copy of Windows 7?

Discussion in Gaming started by Kyron The Wise, Sep 25, 2011

1. Apr 29, 2011
    I just can't stand it anymore. I want my beautiful Windows 7 back. I may have learned to partially respect Mac, but every time I look at my game library and see that it holds half of what it used to, or look at the awesome games on Steam that are only available for Windows (or look at the Mac games and realize what utter pieces of crap most of them are) I cry on the inside.

I want to Bootcamp, but without a disc/Iso of Windows 7, I'm sunk. If someone could either A.) Get me the cash for that, as I'm dirt poor, or B.) Give me 7 or direct me to somewhere that I can get it without crashing my computer, I would bow down and worship you like a god, kinda like the way I bow down and worship Retslag every time he enters the server.

So please, help a brochacho out and get me some of dat delicious Windows 7.
  2. May 20, 2011
    I can help you but I can only get you the ISO so you can burn it onto a DVD.
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    Brochacho, I can put dat Iso on a USB. I was preferring the ISO all along
  4. Apr 29, 2011
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, no torrents. College internets is crafty and crashes my connection if I start any p2p software
  5. May 20, 2011
    What bit is your CPU (32-bits or 64-bits)?
  6. Apr 29, 2011
  7. May 20, 2011
    So if you're not preferring P2P, what would be the best for you at the moment? Direct HTTP in 1 link, or do you want me to upload it to one of the file hosting websites (such as Rapidshare, Megaupload etc.)?
  8. Apr 29, 2011
    Direct is preferred, otherwise, Mediafire
  9. May 20, 2011
    Give me a quick moment and I'll get back to you.
    Edit: it's a (unmodified, untouched) release that has all the updates until August and it's Service Pack 1. You can also use Windows Update, but make sure you read the following:

Link to dir

Make sure you also read the .nfo file I put up.
    Let me know if you need any help or something goes wrong.

Regards, Slish.
  10. Apr 29, 2011
    This is going to take 2 days 16 hours estimated.

T_T

Suck on my 23.3 KB/sec DL rate everyone

And now my fucking college internet thinks "I'm behind a Nat'd device" so I have to click resume download every 5 minutes. Translation: I can't play any games as I need to keep clicking the resume download button.

I'm in hell.

Any way I can get a compressed file here Slisher?
  11. Oct 29, 2010
  12. May 20, 2011
    I'm not going to be able to help you out on that one Kyron, currently busy tweaking my system. Other systems I have got set up that I might have used to compress it, are my webservers for the website. If you're going to wait on me, you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow.
  13. Apr 29, 2011
    I managed to get my system in gear, so now It is continuously loading without those GD Natd device BS. Its got 15 hours left, which isn't unreasonable for a file of this size on limited bandwidth. Ill just let it finish
  14. May 20, 2011
    Oh boy, if I knew it was going to take that long I would have uploaded that shit somewhere else, I'm taking down my server in a bit, doing some heavy maintenance at the moment. If you're downloading with a download manager, you'll be able to resume the download later. Is that going to be a big problem?
  15. Apr 29, 2011
    Yes. Yes it is. How long we talking here?

JK, its no biggy. Ill resume lator. Props to you for actually being able to get me a copy of W7.

My DL rate has gone up to 104 KB/sec. 8 hours left
  16. Apr 29, 2011
    Did you actually take it down? My Download has been chugging on and has about 6 hours and 24 minutes until completion. I love when my DL rate skyrockets to 116 Kb/sec

EDIT: Nm, its down now
  17. Apr 29, 2011
    So then, Can I has an ETA? I was 1/2 done when it stopped.
  18. Feb 21, 2007
  19. Apr 29, 2011
    Bad Retslag, Bad! Go to your corner of the server!

Besides, I'm already halfway there on finishing the DL from Slisher. Just need him to finish maintenance so I can continue the DL
  20. Nov 29, 2010
    Umm... leave a p2p torrent running all night.