Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Whodini

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by gilgamesh, Aug 11, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 22, 2014
    This asshole bans me for a whole day for avoiding death with the comment saying I did it before. I did it once two years ago and was given a 5 minute ban. I am a donor on this site and am requesting a change of my ban to a more reasonable length. What the hell is this kid's problem?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Not abuse. You broke the rule and was disciplined. One day isn't unreasonable.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 22, 2014
        I can see how this might look inconsistent. Our punishment guideline for that offense is a temp ban of 1 hour to 1 day, depending on a number of factors including if the player has been caught breaking the rule before. The admin that banned you for 5 mins two years ago was issuing a 'documentation ban', which is a short 5 minute ban used only to document players that keep breaking rules they've previously been warned not to break. These are players that break rules only up to the point of being kicked and then stop. Because they never earn a ban, there's no record they've already been caught breaking rules, so they can continue to break rules up to the point of being kicked as other admins are unaware of the player's past behavior. When we first introduced this, a lot of admins were issuing documentation bans when they shouldn't, often times using them in place of kicks. In July 2014 (about a week after your 5 min ban), we introduced a policy that required all admins to seek LSA approval before issuing a documentation ban. The ban you received today was a normal ban, which followed our punishment guidelines.
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.