Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why are all cs go servers down?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by Redox, Sep 11, 2017

1. Nov 13, 2012
    the cs go server have been down for a few months down ... will the servers still be active or completely shut down?:hammer:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Apr 28, 2013
      A response from management would be nice. My predicament is that it's related to the fact there isn't a playerbase on any cs:go server of theirs. It's such a shame zombie escape on csgo never saw the light of day here :S.
    • Aug 6, 2016
      If you're speaking about CSGO servers in general, This might not be the place, to find answer to that question. If you are referring to Plaguefest Specific CSGO servers. They aren't active at this time, most likely due to the fact that Hydreigon addressed already. The player base didn't take off, as well as was hoped. They are most likely down for the time being, so that attention and resources can be applied to other more pressing places. CS ZM has had a few projects being worked on, lately. ZME, MOTD's and several other player suggestion threads have been in the works of implementation. I know Deto has been putting a lot of time into ZME along with other Management that have been working with him. As world class as they are, Management can only do so much at one time. That's why I always give my thanks to them. :smile:
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Apr 26, 2015
        I thought you hated ZEGO.
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          You'd be amazed at the amount of return they get for all their efforts, and I've seen it first hand with my own suggestion: Not always a whole lot. I hear all these phrases like "just try" and "just work harder" or "you're not putting enough time into it." I think these are all very valid and popular phrases supporting meritocracy, but they overlook an element of luck and timing, and you really need to have both to make it happen. They're making all of the right moves... they aren't achieving textbook results.

I'd also like to add, that these guys cannot do it alone. Just because you don't have root neither admin permissions on the servers doesn't mean you can't be the first one to make it happen. Make or be that proof of concept. Dabble in the games and see what you can get. Make suggestions as you stumble upon problems or things you would like to see. These forums have been quiet and I usually see people making threads about "ded server plz do sumting" and "wut huppind?", but not really "Here's what I would like to see", "I have an idea", or "This is something I don't like, and I would like change". Repeating ideas over and over again ie. "We'll have a weekly event" may be noble, but I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to expect the same results as "last time."
          • Like Like x 2
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Gameplay-wise, I prefer CS:S over CS:GO but if a proper CS:GO ze server community exists, then it wouldn't be so bad. Unfortunately, that is not the case as I don't see a proper ze server in CS:GO right now.