Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why buy games?

Discussion in Gaming started by Ghost, Jul 16, 2012

This is a cycological test. Just pick one!

Option #1 5 vote(s) 35.7%
Option #2 5 vote(s) 35.7%
Option #3 4 vote(s) 28.6%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well we had a discussion about this sort of thing in mg.

Why would you buy games if you could just acquire them?

List your reason!

(This is not about; Why not to buy games)

My opinion is that it supports the devs and it downloads and patches itself. Just makes gaming a whole nicer experience.
  2. Nov 2, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 12, 2012
      same as jermaine same as any normal person I want to play the fucking thing
    • May 14, 2011
      Meh i mean. Why not just get it off parrot bay.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Because I want to play the game and I want it to be profitable to the company that owns it so they make more.
      • Like Like x 2
      • May 15, 2011
        Because I was caught, so I was blocked. :/
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 14, 2010
          Some games work better bought than off parrot bay, supporting a company you feel did a good job, some people's internet providers don't allow them to use parrot bay, some people virus paranoid, personal opinion?
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 14, 2011
            Don't forget the amount of commision steam takes.

I remember when my friend wanted to parrot the humble bundle. I could have slapped him.
          • Apr 29, 2011
            Too distracted by psychological being spelled wrong to answer.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • May 14, 2011
            • Nov 11, 2011

First and foremost, you are taking someone's creative work that they spent countless hours and money into producing. How would you like it if someone stole things you made and gave them away for free? Probably not very well. They deserve to earn every penny they ask for, it does not matter if you feel the price is too high, that does not give you the right to steal it. You can label "steal" with whatever sweet sugar words you want (download, freedom, etc), it is outright stealing. Simply on that basis, I buy whatever I need. It supports the company and helps pays their employees who in turn have families of their own. Companies can be greedy but that shouldn't excuse you from paying their fair amount. Pirating in my sight is illegal and it is morally wrong to deprive others because you are being cheap/unable to afford it.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 29, 2011
                IDK. My Kyron-sense tells me that somewhere on this page, the word is spelled wrong.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Feb 18, 2011
                  The only times I will ever parrot a game is if there is no demo available, if not then I will parrot it play for maybe 15-20 minutes. If I like it after that then I will buy it because I am a firm believer in supporting companies that make actually good games.
                • Mar 19, 2011

I think it involves bicycles giving therapy or something of that nature.
                • May 14, 2011
                  I did not want people listing reasons as to why they DO pirate games.

You forgot "parrot" xD
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Jul 6, 2012
                    So I can play it legit, no problems. Like that I can have all the developers/company support if I have any issue.
                    They need to profit aswell so they can bring us more.
                  • Jun 23, 2010
                    I wanna play the game without much limitation. Plus it support the gaming industry a bit (The one that I actually like.)

But overall I just want to play the game without too much hassle.

Buy them at low prices so dev can see that $60 game is not going to sell as much anymore. So hopefully they drop it to a reasonable price for new games and such.
                  • Apr 20, 2011
                    Some games are fun to play and you just want to play more of the game for example kingdom hearts I play kh2 and I enjoy it very mush I even buy 6 copy of the game and I relay enjoy the story of it and I just hope I buy all of them and play it
                  • Sep 6, 2010
                    Its quite often a pain in the ass to find the pirated game and get it to work. It can me infected with viruses too. Very often though something doesn't work and you have to spend time how to fix it.
                  • Mar 12, 2008
                    You spelled parrot wrong

Also i have tons of shit in my steam inventory.

Why? i got no fucking clue. I own copies of games i already own. I think its for later on, trading other people for games that I like. It's mostly impulse. I get deals and wait.
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1