Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why can u only buy 1 grenade?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by GamblingGambler, Feb 25, 2013

1. Feb 15, 2013
    Sometimes when a round starts i accidentally throw a nade and i cant purchase another one.
    Can anyone explain why?
  2. May 15, 2011
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Aug 10, 2012
      Because army funds can't afford people just spamming grenades like that, do you know how much those things cost?!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 14, 2011
      • Jun 2, 2012
        Its a plugin kyle implemented a while ago not sure why but that is the reason why you can only buy one grenade
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Wrong, this happened after Kyle updated the server 6 month ago I think. We were able to purchase 3 grenades before it was updated but not anymore. Even when people suicide and spawn back, it will still not purchase the nade if they did it before suiciding. This must be fixed.Nades area really useful on zm.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        So to clarify, you believe that I should remove that exploit protection and allow you to kill yourself, just so you can buy unlimited grenades?
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Sep 22, 2010
          By having unlimited grenades, we would have to get rid of Minas due to pure lag from all the grenade/napalm effects.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Well, they bring up a good point, and a decent idea. Why not make Grenades cost something absurd like 10k? It would fix the problem, and would add a new level of difficulty to the game.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 12, 2012
            I agree you shouldn't be able to buy more than 1 grenade.. but is there anyway to fix it so you can use more than 3 grenades a round? Sometimes you have the chance to pick up more than 2 grenades during a round, but the plugin doesn't allow this. It would be really nice on certain maps where tons of people die and then later in the round you retrace your steps, seeing nades on the ground but unable to pick them up :frown: (mako for instance).

edit - also, during any boss fight... you can sometimes have the opportunity to pick up multiple grenades that have been dropped by people the boss kills, but at the moment, you can only pick up 2.
          • Sep 6, 2010
            You can actually pick up grenades after somebody got killed or if there's armory but you can only buy one grenade.
          • Mar 12, 2008
            make them 6k. That still allows for a main hand and a sidearm
          • Apr 9, 2007
            The price will probably be 1/3 of their current money when they spawn.
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
            • Mar 12, 2008
            • Apr 12, 2012
              As I said, you can only pick up 2 (3 if you havnt bought one).
            • May 25, 2012
              Something that annoys me with this plugin only specifically besides the buy limit is if you have a binded key where you want to buy a grenade (Or simply type "buy hegrenade" in console) outside of a buy zone, You hit the limit anyway. You can even do this as spectator. It's not really fair and I've read posts before elsewhere on the forums and complaints in-game where people have experienced this. You could also try and buy at the very start of the round and end up with no grenade at all because you want to buy your weapons using a binded key fast.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 12, 2012
                Would it be possible to up the 'pickup' count from 3 to say, 5 or even 10, if you implement this?
              • Nov 11, 2011
                I talked to Kyle about this when he first implemented this plugin but forgot to follow up on it. The whole problem is that when a map first loads, me and a couple of other people always make it into the server first (because of our SSD's) and buy our weapons and grenades as usual. When more people join the server and the round draws, the people who came into the server first will not be able to buy a grenade again. This is extremely annoying. I would suggest the following:

+ Allow people to buy two grenades instead of just one (in the case people buy grenades before the round draws).
                + Maybe allow people to pickup dropped grenades ( > 3).

Those are just my two cents and I think this would alleviate a lot of the issues we have in this thread (except for Syoudous's).
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Feb 9, 2012
                  how does one ''accidentally'' throw a nade in the beginning of a round?
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Not even throw, if you buy it before the round draws in the beginning, you will not be able to purchase another grenade.