Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why doesn't Tor work with pF?

Discussion in Help Desk started by iProbie, Jul 11, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 1, 2012
    when I open pF forums using Tor, I get a message saying I'm banned o_O
  2. Feb 14, 2012

The primary use of Tor is to spoof your IP address. IP addresses are logged here for management purposes (it lets them know when someone is fucking around with alt accounts) they are within their rights to block Tor. Tor has also been known to be used in spam attacks on websites. I can fully understand why they block it.
  3. Mar 12, 2008

the reasons one would use Tor:

Looking at illegal questionable content (hey-ooooo)

Torrenting loads of stuff that you don't want attached to your I.P adress

Spam attacks on website(s) - They can switch I.P's on the fly. 4chan too, blocked Tor. If you try to use it while active then 11/10 times you will see a banned screen

I used to use it, but then learned that the government has a backdoor in Tor, and can rape you royally if you don't know how to protect yourself.
  4. May 14, 2011
    Very off-topic but your avatar scares me @Taters .
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Mar 16, 2008
        Due to a recent incident, we've implemented a ban system to block an ip who is trying to steal from us. Chances are that someone used Tor as a proxy when they got banned and now that proxy is banned. @Brian would be the one to answer that question to the full extent though.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        I banned the entire Tor network. Tor can suck my juicy e-wang.

Why are you using Tor?
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Jul 19, 2011
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Apr 1, 2012
            indonesia is blocking pr0n and "rogue" or "unsafe" contents atm so I have to use tor...
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Indonesia's bullshit affects Australia? :sarcastic:

Whatever stupid shit is going on over there won't change the Tor ban so you'll have to find an alt I'm afraid, though you seem to be doing fine.
          • Apr 1, 2012
            nah, it's all good, I can open 2 browsers at the same time.. just for the sake of convenience.)

no no, I'm in indo now.. australia's still a free country (media-wise)
          • Jun 4, 2006
            I was pretty confused at first as I was sure you lived in Aus. Glad to know you've come up with a solution to your issue.

Locked.
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.