Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why don't we have these maps?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Brett, Feb 8, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Before I go and waste hours searching for all of them, off the top of anyone's head, would you know why we don't have all of the basic boat escapes, grand boat escape, mytex escape, or aperture labs escape? These were pretty cool maps, and I'm not sure if pF has had them before, but I thought I could suggest them to be added.

If nobody knows, or you think they're alright, I'll go grab all of their information and post them on this thread.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    I don't know why we don't use boat escape, I loved that map with all my heart. Maybe a root/lsa has insight.
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    aperture crashes, don't know of the others.
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    I remember playing boat escape... it's like the grandaddy of escape maps!

"Get to the choppa!"

Good times; it would be nostalgic for me, but some nubcakes might whine about its simplicity and its brilliance.
  5. May 15, 2011
    I like Boat Escape, and to be honest the fuck sticks on ZE will probably like it cause they're so simple minded. I think adding it would actual be good since the CT's will actually be able to win, and their isn't much places they can go wrong, rubbing their dicks all up and down the doors. Also, gives me a reason to play ZE again since all the other maps suck.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    Get to the choppa was actually in the older version of 30 seconds, Lego escape. ;o The more you know the further you go! :grin::grin::grin::grin:
  7. Mar 19, 2011
    We had mytex on the server not sure why it was removed, probably by accident like some of the other maps and the other boat escapes aren't really that enjoyable really why would you see them as even fun? Constant running no defending a last hold point that is boring as shit.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    Boat Escape is good for the nostalgia factor.

But is it an even remotely engaging map? No.

It's Dust Escape on steroids.
  9. Feb 1, 2011
    You should have posted this in the map suggestion thread so Rets sees it :razz: He is the main one who tests / adds new (or old and forgotten) maps.

Don't know the maps, good luck getting them added! :pirate:
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    I could have sworn I posted like two boat escape maps on the suggestion thread and they went ignored. D:
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    THE FUCK? Saying you hate boat escape is like saying you hate dust escape.... =P

But really, the original 2 or 3 boat escapes + grand boat escape were some really fun maps. The simplicity of the map is what makes it so much fun.

Well I didn't want to have to search forever on the map details since I thought somebody would be able to give me a quick answer as to why we don't have these, but if nobody knows in the next couple days I'll go ahead and search for all of them.

And you don't know any boat escapes??? Are you from another planet? D=

If none of these are added or if they are ignored I'll just make my own boat escape to bring back the memories of the originals. ^^
  12. Jan 28, 2012
    BoatEscape was a great map. It will be way too easy in it's current format though, zombies spawning at the spawn, the humans would have almost made it to the end, if you take a look at BlackMesa, it's such an easy map now, it was back then but nobody had a clue what to do.

Someone should fix the Boat Escape with the bugged helicopter and pods, then force someone to upload the map into the map section. It was not the original classic BoatEscape that everyone grew to love as well as Island Escape, but that edited version was my favourite map back then.
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm not talking about the cheap one with the pods, and shit you can control, I'm talking about the very basic ones.
  14. Dec 30, 2011
    Licciana Escape and Space Stationz are basic ze maps and also need adding :thumbsup:
  15. Jun 23, 2011
    I love the pods tho :grin: you got to admit they were fun as hell to drive

We should add them :grin:
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    To suggest maps to be placed on the servers, please add to this thread: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/1070-map-suggestion-thread/
  17. Dec 6, 2011
    Which is why I said this first =P But expect to see them when I have time. I work 20 hours this weekend + school work so most likely a no-go for the next couple days on it.