Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

why is human bhopping banned?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by MZez, Sep 29, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 15, 2012
    i honestly dont know why human bhopping is banned, i can completely understand for zombs because you can cause a fail round quite easily given a slope, and slower players die making it unenjoyable/etc.

but for human bhopping:

- the advantage it gives on triggers (2-3s) doesn't make it much easier, we fail enough holds as it is.
    -the humans that can bhop but are banned from it STILL get the items on the map, and those that cant still wont get them
    -i have never seen a ct complain about another ct bhopping, unless it has been an admin enforcing rules.
    -it makes admin job x10 easier, because every admin that ive seen come on has a different idea of what bhopping is, i have been banned for bhopping in a set place, away from humans, as a zomb, which makes no sense to me. this has happened to others as well. with this if a zombie bhops near humans, its ban, and you can tell because of the cs kill feed. otherwise all good. isnt that much easier?
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    The rule was Zombie Bunnyhopping when it was implemented... I don't know why it changed into both.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 11, 2011
      It was because some humans were bunnyhopping ahead and triggering things way to early.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jun 2, 2012
        When bhopping in Mirrors edge if someone activates a trigger too early it screws over the whole team since zombies are teleported shortly after human triggers. And since one person is bhopping activating triggers early and the whole team is not bunny hopping zombies teleport to the human team and kill them.
      • Jul 16, 2012
        Using triggers too early in the map causes an unfair advantage that was gained by using bhop.
      • Jun 15, 2012
        which specific triggers are these? i have never seen this happen in any server before, other than i3d, which has better bhop settings
        Post Merged, Sep 29, 2012
        and i HAVE bhopped through mirrors edge (banned for it), and never did my triggering kill anyone. so im very sceptical
        Post Merged, Sep 29, 2012
      • Jan 11, 2011
        An easy example would be on Mako Reactor.
        Bunnyhopping after leaving the elevator for the first time; on the stairs down the big room, and later on the pipes in the core room, can give you a VERY BIG advantage over other humans; enabling the trigger that starts Bahamuth fight way earlier than planned.

This makes all humans that weren't Bunnyhopping "late", since the trigger-teleports dissapear and zombies can just jump down ahead of the humans.
        Also, if the Bunnyhopping was really good, half of the humans, even if not infected, can get teleported to the Zombie Jail for being completely late for the Bahamuth Event.

Same thing can happen on any map that has Zombie Teleporters. A human very ahead of the rest (because of Bunny Hopping) may enable those triggers and make the zombies appear in front of the late humans.

Still; I hate when I join the server and the first thing I read is an admin saying "Don't Bunnyhop" everytime. I even got kicked once for Bunnyhopping on Reverse Mode on Paranoid, as a very-late zombie (after AFKing some seconds) and being able to perform a jump into one of the closed corridors of the Core Room (closed in Reverse) that in fact kinda made me lost time... I was just having fun; as a late zombie; not changing anything for anyone... Bam, kicked. (Or banned? I didn't even bothered triying to join back after that).

Personally I would only kick/ban people wich Bunnyhop aftects others... So humans in front of the crowld, or zombies behind the humans... And only when the Bunnyhop turns into a Trigger activation or Especial Weapon theft on humans, or infection on zombies.
        Seriously... I'm afraid jumping twice in any slope will get me kicked nowadays... Just fix the Anti-BunnyHopping or get loose about it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
          Kaemon, Sep 29, 2012 Last edited by Kaemon, Sep 29, 2012
        • Jun 15, 2012
          i feel this is slightly overstated, because it happens on pretty much every server, and usually its 2-3 people that die this way, especially if they decided to cover with 3 materias at the top (the last one will pretty much always not make it), the rest die on the pipes, and would've died anyways. however, mako and mirrors seem like the exceptions to me, not the norm for bhopping issues (i have not noticed myself teamkilling others on mirrors when i trigger, which can sometimes be 5-10s before the usual). the only other 2 maps i can think of are the lowgrav at deathstar, and possibly potc (which is just griefing, with the lever)

edit: assume what u were referring to was zombies being able to jump down and not go down the pipes
        • Jan 11, 2011
          Ey, I'm with you about loosing up with all the Anti-Bunnyhopping Kicks & Bans; just gave you one of the examples where Bunny Hopping shouldn't be allowed; and yes, as you point out the maps and places where this can happen are pretty much the exceptions...

However, if you ever see a GOOD Bunny Hopper on Mako Reactor... He can screw all humans getting REALLY REALLY fast to the Core, or he can Infect ALL humans as a zombie.
          Seriously; you wouldn't believe how good some few "pros" can Bunny Hop from the Elevator to the Core Reactor.

And what I meant about the zombies; is that some seconds after a human reaching the Reactor (other side of the bridge), the music changes and the teleports around the pipes are removed; allowing zombies and humans alike to just jump down to the bridge. However most humans don't have the HP or Admin-Powers to do so; and are forced to keep following the path on top of the pipes while the zombies start just jumping ahead of them.
        • Jun 15, 2012
          i agree with having zombie bhop banned because the fail would probably triple. and with the removal of the teleport yeah, i used to be able to bhop to the reactor where the humans used to shoot from from the very top (hannibal added an invisible wall to prevent) xD
        • Apr 9, 2012

If you enable bunnyhopping, 80% of the team will not bother about zombies anymore and it will simply become a bunnyhopping parkour. We have MG for that, here we are with zombies. Let alone needing to ban those who would have a bhopping script (And you can't question it, if we would allow it, everyone would be grasping towards their bhopping scripts). That's more my POV rather than questioning advantages in the map (which is also a good statement).

It is simple: No bunnyhop
        • Aug 10, 2012
          sv_enablebunnyhopping 0????
          You all say "our plugin is broke bla bla bla" when that one works fine so just use it and stop all the bans/kicks.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Thats what it is set to .. Believe it or not we do kind of know what we are doing :/

I wish it was that easy.
        • Apr 20, 2011
          People will bhop till anti-bhop work how about make it a lot harder to bhop it could help tell anti-bhop work
        • Sep 25, 2010
          Its banned cuz people can activate triggers early and grief entire teams. In short, it's game breaking. No need to keep this discussion going.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.