Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

why is xmas_nipperhouse on mg?

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by jookbob, Sep 16, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2012
  2. Jan 21, 2011

retslag...
  3. May 14, 2011
    You could have worked a bit harder on the thread...

But it is a good question. I dislike non-mg maps in MG, sure they add variety but with inbetween this and smee tower this is become less and less mg.

Not complaining ofc, just my observation.

You cannot deny it is a popular map though.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      :dontknow:
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • Jul 16, 2012
        Xmas_Nipperhouse was originally designed as a fun-map along the lines with MG. It is a popular map liked by many and disliked by few. It's the same way with smee_tower, they add not only a variety to the play-list but also bring in a good chunk of people.
      • Jun 20, 2012
        Ok is it me or are the maps that are deemed as "not really MG maps" often the most popular maps? Ski Mountain, Ski Mount Resort, Nipperhouse, Goldeneye, Kirby's brawl, Matrix, Smeetower, etc. They are almost always on Cooldown because so many people want to play them. These are the types of maps that bring volume into the server.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 18, 2012
          It is because people likes "shooting" maps yes, since they are very bad at maps where jumping and strafing skills is required, like courses, lego_multigames etc.
          I quit playing MG because of this.. I don't like shooting maps. But of course, it's what the people likes.
        • Jul 14, 2010
          Mg gets pretty boring when we have people like you a2, zevi, kanka, (no offense just giving a different perspective) picking bhop every single map, and no one wants to sit and watch you guys win. Gun maps offer a different change :razz:

Note: Goldeneye and Kirby's brawl are mg maps, just they don't have bhop and courses and climb.. etc..
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jun 20, 2012
            I think people like those maps yuppi, its just that one or two players dominate the entire time and everyone else just basically waits to be killed. For instance, if Zevi or A2 are on and its a strictly minigame map, I simply leave and wait for a shooting map to popup. I know they'll win every round, and I know I'll end up leaving or moving to spectate because I dont feel like being an easy point for them.
          • Dec 19, 2008
            I can not play alot of surfing, bhopping, obstical like maps because I not that great at them so I usually die earlier than most people and it does get boring watching someone do the obstical course if it. So I like having shooting type maps, ex: nipperhouse, because I am little better at killing people than bhopping and obsticals. Gives me an advantage.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I can't do surf/bhop/obstacle maps for shit, and I'm usually hunter fodder for Ski Mountain, Nipplehouse, Goldeneye, Smeetower, etc.

Thank god for maps like Wasterland. . .
          • Mar 19, 2012
            These are all specifically designed mg maps. xmas_nipperhouse is just a super T sided bomb map. Smee is also kinda on the edge of being a mg also but it seems more mg'ish than xmas. I'm not going to name names (p@p@_roaster), but it seems like its just a map to farm kills.
          • Jul 16, 2012
            Nice sarcasm there bud. I don't use the map to farm kills, I use the map to enjoy myself and have fun. On a second note, if the map didn't have noblock enabled, the teams would be even. Maybe it could be added in the future?
          • Mar 19, 2012
            Ive also noticed that since the ranking system, nobody wants to play course maps anymore.
          • Jul 16, 2012
            The ranking system has no effect on people wanting to play course maps, the majority of people just rather not play them.
          • Mar 19, 2012
            I disagree because almost always its the people who care about rank nominating the maps.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            Course maps have no effect on ranks. Some ppl might say course maps were never played even before we had rank haha, but they seem fine to me. I've also seen the servers do fine when they're on too :razz:
          • Mar 19, 2012
          • Jul 14, 2010
          • Jul 16, 2012
            Just because I care about rank doesn't mean I nominate certain maps to boost my rank. I nominate maps I know the server would enjoy playing, and if they don't they always RTV it.

Course maps draw in a good chunk of people if played at the right time; however they can also decay the population.