Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why mute non-American countries? [Microphone]

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by scricK, Jul 2, 2012

1. Jul 2, 2012
    Hello, im from Argentina, i feel discriminated, why i can't talk? An admin told me that owner doesn't want other people talking in another language because its a English server. But imo they should ban to those who speak in other countries language. Unmute us! Can i talk by microphone if im a donor?
  2. Aug 5, 2010
    We blacklist countries because the majority of those people don't know how to speak English and therefore will speak their own language which is considered spamming the mic.
  3. Jul 2, 2012
    Agree with that, but what with people that knows English? I feel stupid, i played a lot of time and spoke by mic until i realized that no one was listening to me. Can you answer my first question?
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    This is an english only server, you may use chat in your native language, however you must speak english to use the mic. It's a measure to cut down on mic spam.
  5. May 6, 2011
    I don't think with a donor you could avoid the blacklist. But, I am sure one of the roots will confirm this.

However, you can request in the game, for an admin to unmute for you. All they have to do is mute, then unmute you.
  6. Aug 5, 2010
    Well you can always ask the admin to mute and unmute you and explain why you are muted for example (my country is black listed)
  7. Jul 2, 2012
    Yes Mr Chowder, my native language is Spanish, but in pF i speak in English obviously.

I see that this is the only way to avoid the mute. Thank you.
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    I'm sorry if you didn't understand me, but the it's a rule to use english on the mic only.

It's been a while since I've taken spanish classes, forgive me.

"tu solo se puede hablas Inglés en el micrófono"
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    I thought Argentina was off the list
  10. Apr 1, 2012
    as of now, you need to convince management that most Argentineans in our server(s) do speak English.
    until then, we have many admins around in the servers so asking for one of them to mute/unmute you shouldn't be a hassle.
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    Its not discrimination against you, or your country.

We had an issue of many (too many) foreigners coming in and constantly using the mic in different languages, to the point where it became daunting for admins to constantly deal with. This is a much simpler solution.

You have several solutions:

Ask an admin ingame to mute/unmute you.

Buy donator.

Request that Argentina get added to the whitelist
  12. Jun 20, 2012
    What does donator have to do anything with being unmuted Retslag "Buy Donator" Lol that made me laugh, but I can't tell if your being funny or saying it as in he will have a goood chance of getting ti whitelisted.
  13. Mar 12, 2008

Re-numbered going in order of difficulty.
  14. Apr 9, 2007
  15. Jan 21, 2011
    Donators are exempt from the blacklist.
  16. Feb 9, 2012
    That sounded quite rude =0.
    I think what he meant is, as a donator or admin you bypass the blacklist because from a past post..apparently as admin you're not really suppose to be blacklisted.

As some have stated, nobody is discriminating against countries...some countries stay blacklisted because we find that majority of the people in that country do not necessarilary speak english (at least not use it). as such, it takes a bit of work off for us instead of having to end up hearing someone in chat speaking another language..then warning....then muting..eventually kicking..and then muting or banning. also with this kind of thing..if that player has a friend (most of the time they're speaking with another player in the same language) he'll end up argueing and then the whole ordeal becomes a hassle and then an admin abuse thread comes up about how a guy is muted and banned but he had no idea how to speak english so it wasn't his fault etc etc.
  17. Feb 1, 2011

Even if you don't buy donator, you can ask an admin to mute you and unmute you, which will allow you to talk on the mic. I believe donors are exempt from the blacklist if you decide to get donator. I'm not sure whether they will remove the blacklist for your country or not.