Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why was mg_awp_snowsk337 removed?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Zio, Apr 30, 2011

1. Apr 20, 2011
    Whenever we've played that map(on the mg server), it hasn't been rtv'ed away(well, when I was there).

Why was it removed? Could you add it back? I liked it, along with other people.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    The map is awp_snowsk337. Its not actually an mg map at all.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Still was a good map, smee isn't mg either, i agree it's fun but it isn't. I think josh removed snowskeet so talk to him about it or hope he reads this topic.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    Smee is too an mg map. its mg_smee_tower_fix2. the mg_ being the key operator here.
  5. Jul 14, 2010

anyway i'd like to have it re-added but in the end i don't really care.
  6. Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah I dont love it, but it IS a nice break from other maps. It's kinda up there with Smee_towers for me too. Not TECHNICALLY a mg map, but still fun and good for when you wanna RAGE!!!
  7. Aug 18, 2006
    It was removed? Hmmm...

Just because the map filename has an mg_ prefix doesn't mean it's a real minigames map. I can take cs_office and rename it to mg_office.
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    If you rename it to MG_OFFICE you might as well turn it into an MG map, XD.

Separate some portions, make a climb segment, a DM segment, and some other various segments. Hell, it'd work.
  9. Mar 13, 2010
    Edited for content.
  10. Aug 2, 2010
    I enjoy the map but it was glitchy as well. Hopefully a new and better non-fux0red version will be put back on our server.
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    teams get swapped. I don't see why it isn't a mg map.
  12. Feb 6, 2011
    I agree with Josh as to why it is more of a mg type map. Now if it was removed for being buggy on the other hand I totally agree with that. Sometimes you would even spawn in the wrong area (t's at ct spawn). I hope it gets updated and fixed though because it was pretty fun.
  13. Mar 16, 2008
    spawning in the wrong area is caused by auto-team balance.
  14. Mar 13, 2010
    I think it was just a secret built in feature of the map and all of you guys are complaining about a flawlessly amazing function.
  15. Aug 2, 2010
    Go to sleep whore.
  16. Mar 13, 2010
    Fuck you I will.
  17. Apr 20, 2011
    Well, I've started mapping, I can always change around the things you guys dislike(I have a dissembler).

Just tell me what you think needs changing(the spawning with the wrong team can't really be fixed), but anything else that needs to be different to make it suitable, and I'll work on it.
  18. Oct 10, 2010
    how can a T spawn on a CT spawnpoint?
    should be impossible...(even autoswap)

i guess mapper has forgot an reference spawn to remove

(sometimes mappers set a spawnpoint to check correctly height of things)
  19. Apr 20, 2011
    You look it over, want me to dissemble it and send you the files? Or, assuming your a dignified mapper, you can.
  20. Oct 10, 2010
    i dont have the map,
    someone need to send it to me

(yeah, i have a ton of maps from mg server,
    but this one always was voted away)