Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Why We Need Human Ztele's

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Lynxx, Oct 6, 2018

1. Nov 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
      X-KLiPs, Oct 6, 2018 Last edited by X-KLiPs, Oct 11, 2018
    • Dec 17, 2007
      You have to remember one thing about zombies, is that they have only a knife in which to stab you. So in order to actually make it fair, zombies to get more "perks" than a human. Ztele'ing to a spawn point to stab a human is actually smart bc of how hard it can be to get to a human. That's why we have several rules for humans that zombies don't necessarily have to adhear to, such as "glitching" inside of a prop. When a human does that, it's impossible for a zombie to spot that human or even get to. Humans are not allowed in certain areas that have been made "illegal" bc zombies can not get to them. Again this is bc a zombie only has a knife in which to stab you. The server is actually geared towards making it fair game play for both zombies and humans.

You do get a ztele at the beginning of the round, before the first zombie spawns. So if ppl are coming into an area that you are in and you feel that someone is going to turn, you can use ztele as long as it's before the zombie spawns.

If you are worried about fall damage, then become a donator, we different donator plans, the lowest one being $5/month. As far as cade breaking, either an admin will handle it or you can get a demo/scrn shot and submit it to the LSA's and they'll go about handling it on their end. Sry but I don't see humans getting three ztele's per round. It's pretty much balanced they way it is.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Nov 23, 2013
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I believe the vast majority of anyone getting stuck has to do with props, humans can generally take care of this very easily with their guns; any other places you can get stuck are largely avoidable if careful. For the most part the rest of your reasons can generally be solved with the single teleport humans already get before the outbreak occurs.

I've seen far far too many rounds end with zombies pushing into a strong cade at the very last few seconds for the final kill(s), to rob them of their victory simply because a human presses his tele keybind sounds just awful.

Humans quite literally have the "arsenal" and surely don't need to be any stronger than they already are.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Dec 17, 2007
          That doesn't mean we should accommodate every one, remember while this is a gaming community, the server and it's owners still have to make money, in order to keep it going. It takes money to keep servers and a web page like this going, that is why you pay for the perks that you have.
          I've seen were a server gave away admin and that server went down years ago, bc the owner didn't have the money to keep it going. So when you say we can't expect everyone to pay, is like saying you just want the owners to just give perks and abilities away and then the server going broke.
        • May 31, 2012
          It was bad enough with people disconnecting. I generally agree that rules should be more relaxed, and I hear there has been a lot of improvement in this area; however: I think the setup used for ztele is sensible. People still have ztele before the spawn and unlimited ammo to work out most other scenarios. I know people still get frequently stuck and it's not perfect, but neither way would have its imperfections and so both sides will always have a valid argument for their suggestion... I learn particularly more on this one because I know how greedy people can get and they unfortunately abuse it even with the more modest settings. I remember when we didn't have ztele even at the beginning of the rounds and introducing it game with its small bag of (tolerable) issues.
          • Nov 23, 2013
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Jan 21, 2011
              Underage players aren't playing CSS; they're playing fortnite :razz:

This could lead to less backstabbing since the Human could just bail if a zombie spawns near them.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Apr 9, 2007
                I've parsed all of this text and it's incredibly unclear what's even being asked for.

Are we looking to:
                1.) Change the ztele count on humans from 1 to 3 for N seconds before infection?
                2.) Remove the restriction of ZTele once zombies spawn?
                3.) Combo?
                4.) What's being asked for hasn't actually been discussed at all.
              • Apr 26, 2015
                Honestly the only thing that should change about !ztele is changing the time from 30 seconds to 45 seconds for parsing time when the round starts, since zombies generally spawn at 4:15-4:20 in a round, and maybe extending the no block in the round a little longer as well to help with people getting stuck on one another when climbing ladders and whatnot.

Giving humans access to ztele will just lead to trolling and general shittyness. If theres 20 zombies about to kill the last human in a cade that have been working 2 minutes to get into, and they ztele just before they're killed I think that's just ridiculous and I don't think even risking that is worth it.

If you have a 'stalker' you could just ztele at 4:30 and once 4:29 hits the person following you wouldn't be able to ztele to spawn. And being in a cade with a bunch of people can be risky, but backstabbing is encouraged and the name of the game. If you're ever stuck in a prop you have a gun which works 9 times out of 10, and the 1 time out of 10 you could ask a Level 3+ admin to help you which usually there is one on most of the time I feel.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Nov 23, 2013
                  X-KLiPs, Oct 7, 2018 Last edited by X-KLiPs, Oct 11, 2018
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  He's asking if humans could get three ztele's, like zombies do, so humans could use it at any time during the round. Instead of restricting humans having one ztele before the first zombie spawns
                • Aug 6, 2016
                  Humans being able to use !ztele without a time restriction would undoubtedly be abused. As Kyro said, strong cades that finally come down would only result in the humans teleporting away. I could see it incentivizing players to play a more aggressively and less cade wise. Which would make them more open to being caught but it's just not worth the guaranteed abusive trolling that would transpire.
                  I know that backstabbing is encouraged but the idea that people could still teleport after the first zombies spawn (For a short period) could give players a chance to play as humans. I've had many times that I've been forced to play zombie for entire maps due to me spawning first or someone with me spawning first and backstabbing me.
                  As far as humans needing multiple teleports before the zombie spawns...I don't really see a point. You don't have much time, as is. (Which I think is the point.) Once you go towards one area to find out it's overloaded with potential zombies or any other matter, once you !ztele and go to another area, you're already looking bad on time. Do that 3 times and you might as well be running around like a lone wolf. Every cade spot is going to be started, by then. This would only cause more cadebreaking with people freaking out about not having anywhere to go.
                  • Nov 4, 2017
                    Are we just going to ignore particular maps? Zombies can clip through props on particular maps, and admins know this. You should be ashamed to call yourself a zombie mod admin and not speak out about certain lila panic variations which have props that zombies can clip through. You know the ones I am talking about, and if you don't. The server can tell you. Stop ignoring obvious problems.
                  • Apr 9, 2007
                    Okay so you're unclear on what's even being asked for? lol.

Why are you so upset?
                  • Nov 4, 2017

I walked out of the house with toilet paper stuck to my shoe and didn't realize it until AFTER I gave the public speech :crying:
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      He was banned for a month and just purchased admin to get out of it.
                    • Nov 23, 2013
                      X-KLiPs, Oct 8, 2018 Last edited by X-KLiPs, Oct 11, 2018