Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Why you block me?

Discussion in Help Desk started by Unblessed, Oct 19, 2012

1. Oct 19, 2012
    I play this server for a long time,
    but it suddenly ban me few seconds ago but I didn't do a bad thing.
    What happen?
  2. May 15, 2011
    @Aprz banned you for advertising other websites. We do not allow this on our servers.

If you can, please wait for Aprz to post so he can post logs.

Edit: Fuck you Ghost. You nerd.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 18, 2012
      Was there and saw it, I thought some others were advertising (too) though. Anyhow until the logs show differently I got to be on the admins side, I wasn't paying as much attention to the chat as them.
    • Oct 19, 2012
      I did see some others ad. the website once, but that's not me.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Oct 19, 2012
    • Feb 21, 2007

EDIT: looking at the ban the admin posted a pic of your spray, of a pegi website. This is indeed against the rules, and in the logs below, you do reference the pegi website you were advertising in your spray

retslag1, Oct 19, 2012 Last edited by retslag1, Oct 19, 2012
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Maybe I misunderstood our rule? Forgive me if I did. I took it very literal. It says on the website

So I saw his spray, the red one in the middle with "pegi.info" in the center. I confirmed it was his multiple times. Kicked him with that warning. After kicking him, he came back, and it was resprayed. Again I confirmed it was his spray and did it for the screenshot, and did the 1 day ban.
      Sorry if I messed up with interpreting the rules. Like I said, I took it very literal. I did confirm it was your spray multiple times (earlier, I wasn't sure because there were a lot of sprays where you original sprayed it).
      Other people were advertising, and they were saying fake websites, which I said please don't advertise even if fake, but it quickly died down. Kebito was on at the time I kicked, and he left a little before I did the ban.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Do you have a spray image containing a website link in it? You mentioned your pegi 18 "was out there".

Typing "pegi 18" in google shows a .info site, i don't trust going to .info sites personally.

Just trying to grab more info on what occurred.
    • Feb 21, 2007
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Ha, you guys scared me for a moment. I was in game chatting with another admin like "What did I do wrong?"

Sorry if I ruined your day. It's a 1 day ban, just don't advertise next time you join the server.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Might just be my opinion on this, but there's no way this ban should stick or even be enforced in the future; with this particular spray anyway.

I'm not trying to say Aprz did anything wrong here, he was just following the guidelines we have setup, but pegi is basically just the European version of the ESRB. It's like banning someone with a spray that has "www.google.com" in it.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010

I feel there is a discernible difference between a spray that is advertising something and a spray that happens to have a url in it, this is clearly the latter.

Again, Aprz, you did nothing wrong here; just that this is perhaps a bit of a slippery rule to try and enforce properly.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 26, 2012
          No problem. I'll consider that in the future.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Can someone clear this up for me, please? What do we consider advertisement? As far as I know, it's advertising if you're recruiting people from pF to go to a different community. That should be our only major concern. Do we really care if they post websites that are non-related to us since it doesn't affect us (like in this case)? What am I missing? :wilt:
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I believe you're right about that being the primary concern with this rule.

Even if it's just a regular site though, if they are blatantly advertising and trying to get people to go to their link or w/e, then they could certainly be crossing the line. Just like sprays, there's a difference between someone posting a youtube link for their friend in game and someone telling everyone in the server check out their channel and subscribe.
          • Agree Agree x 1