Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Will you buy win8?

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Ghost, Jul 6, 2012

Best OS?

Win XP 13 vote(s) 24.1%
Win 7 32 vote(s) 59.3%
Win 8 6 vote(s) 11.1%
Linus 3 vote(s) 5.6%
iOS 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. May 14, 2011
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Jan 11, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Most likely not. Windows 8 is great and all, but it's more revolved around touchscreen tablets. My main gripe is the lack of a start menu, hopefully that can be changed in the options. I'd also give it a few months before devs start pushing out compatible games for it also.
      • May 14, 2011
        I also forgot vista. I just assumed it would get 0 votes.

Win98, is just something only 1 in 1000 people use.
      • May 15, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          No, my personal stance and opinion is that XP was the best version of Windows released. They actually put in the time and effort to make it a good and useful OS. The proceeding versions (Vista, 7, 8) focused too much on your average computer John and Jane that needs everything spelled out for him or her with big buttons and over simplified menus. I don't like it one bit.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jan 11, 2012
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Jan 11, 2012
                I said people, not companies. L2R. And how can you disagree if you have no idea?
                I know many people still using Win98 besides XP or 7. And the fact that it's one of the most stable versions of Windows makes it popular.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Dec 3, 2011
                  Since i have windows 7 i am used to this system a lot and in my eyes this is the best windows i have ever had and i will be sure NOT to take windows 8 or something, i stay on windows 7 for so long i am happy with this system, its just the best i ever had, never had problems with it
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • May 15, 2011
                      I had more problems with XP than I have 7. So, IMO <- See how fucking big that is? That means it's important, is better.
                      • Funny Funny x 2
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jan 11, 2012
                        And now take that 1.71% and use it for the 1.000.000.000~ People using PC's and you get 10.000.000 Win98 User and 7.100.000 other Windos User. And I call 10 million people quite a lot. And you should stop abusing your disagree rating.

Edit: And this poll is likely 27% accurate.
                        • Agree Agree x 4
                        • Apr 1, 2012
                          I heard it's cloud based (cbf opening that link :/)

so nah
                        • Feb 14, 2012
                          I'm buying Windows 8 for my Mac when it comes out for bootcamp. I'm using the release preview right now and enjoying it. The poll is too dumb down to answer.
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Nov 11, 2011
                            That 1.71% includes but not limited to Windows 1.0, Windows 2.0, and Windows 2.1x, Windows 3.0, Windows 3.1, NT 3.1, NT 3.5, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, Windows 2000. Your head seems too far up your ass to know what you are talking about. 98 wasn't the only OS produced. 10 million running 98? HAH! Dumbass.
                          • Feb 14, 2012
                            Why must you neckbeards get so fucking riled up over operating systems of all things?
                            • Agree Agree x 3
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • May 8, 2011
                              Good decision! you don't need the start menu. All apps are on your desktop and you can search by just type its name. Also, you can right click on the buttom left corner to display the most useful commands, it's simplified version of start menu.
                              Post Merged, Jul 6, 2012
                              You need to get out of Windows xp. I think MS is no longer support XP. I agreed with other comments that Win 7 is the best OS so far.
                              Post Merged, Jul 6, 2012
                              I think we all should upgrade to Wins 8(40$?) without worry about the game compatibility. I have installed Stream on my windows 8 and it's working fine. One interesting thing I noticed is that I don't need SSD anymore. Wins 8 has a super fast boot. I thought I need to replace my HD but not anymore after upgrade to Wins 8.:cool:
                            • Feb 14, 2012
                              People who claim Windows XP was the best operating system ever have very likely only used Windows XP SP2 and forward. Upon release night Windows XP was a disaster. Nothing fucking worked. Compared to Windows 2K it was piss fucking poor, couldn't even get a printer to work. It's time to give it up on the XP flogging if you want to move forward in PC gaming. Windows XP only supports up to DX 9.1 a essentially dead library as software moves forward. MS has partial support for XP until 2014. After that you will be susceptible to any number of malicious software that has found holes in the code.
                              • Informative Informative x 2
                              • Gladius
                                This message by Gladius has been removed from public view. Deleted by Gladius, Jul 6, 2012.
                                Jul 6, 2012