Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Will Zombie Mod be released public?

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Escape started by Smittyjaja, Aug 22, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 22, 2012
    Will the CS:GO Zombie Mod be released publicly? Most servers use ZH port which is horrible, will you release ZM to the public so other servers can use it?

I heard, please don't judge, I HEARD, that you were not planning on releasing it publicly because you worked hard on it...
    Are you really going to do this? :/
  2. Jun 2, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 22, 2012

Maybe it's already released public?
    • Jun 2, 2012
      This message by Devious Toast has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Aug 23, 2012, Reason: adding to the misinformation.
      Aug 22, 2012
    • May 31, 2012
      I think pF's team should clear up the missconception caused by Valve's blog entry. ZombieReloaded (which is what pF uses, but with a few fixes to work WELL on GO) is opensource. Any server manager can download it, tweak it, and host his own servers. You just need to install both Sourcemod and Metamod, along with the required plugins and extensions (SDKHooks in the case of ZR, I believe). PlagueFest did not make ZR from scratch, they did some fast fixing to get it fully working on GO at the very beginning; this fixing is, obviously, effort of pF's team which might also, at a point, release it, but aside from this, the official ZR team (or so I do believe) will try to port it to CS:GO. You'll surely have to wait until ZR devs update/port it, pF coders decide to release their fixes, or make your own tweaks. Keep in mind the mod is in very early development, at least in this new engine, and it needs time to be fully operative. With all of this said, there are more servers apart from pF running ZE/ZM servers on GO. I believe they use Zombie Reloaded directly with no fixes or a very few ones, so they are slightly buggy; you could try to do that too.

For more info either go to AlliedModders forums, Sourcemod webpage or Metamod's, since I think they'll provide far more information than the one that can the obtained here.

EDIT: Also, I'm not a part of pF, I'm just a regular user, I do not know if they will release or not their fixes. As I said, your best bet would be AlliedModders.

EDIT 2: Damn ninjas...
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Aug 22, 2012
        Hopefully there will be some public releases later on then, would be a bummer if there wasn't and PF would be the only servers :razz:
      • Zenzr
        This message by Zenzr has been removed from public view. Deleted by retslag1, Aug 23, 2012, Reason: inaccurate.
        Aug 22, 2012
      • Ghost
        This message by Ghost has been removed from public view. Deleted by retslag1, Aug 23, 2012, Reason: inaccurate.
        Aug 22, 2012
      • Feb 21, 2007
        To summarize what everyone is linking.....currently you can download ZR since it is open source and tweak it to how you (or anyone) see fit. As kyle stated in the linked post, PF's version *may* get released in the future, but do not ask when or how long. We are not hording or keeping anything from "the public".
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.