Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Windows 10

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Grape, Jun 5, 2015

1. Oct 24, 2013
    Did anybody get a notification from windows in their taskbar saying they can reserve a completely free version of windows 10?
    My comp is secure, I just don't know why I'm being offered this.
    I am very weary of free things.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 18, 2012
      Yes about 5 days ago. The notification will pop up for most of us so we can get a free upgrade before we have to actually pay. It's safe.
    • Oct 24, 2013
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Windows 10 is free to any legit owners of Win 7, 8, 8.1 in the first year of it's release.

The reserve notification is a way to either help you get ready for the upgrade or tell you the benefit of Gate.Net.

You don't have to upgrade if you don't want to, however, you will be making the biggest mistake since Windows ME.

Disclaimer: I've been on it for 6 months and love it and recently got the semi-so final build of it. So I am bias but at least unlike the Texas government I can say my allegiance as a true American Patriot.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I have that as well I have it in a VM and I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I will once July 29 hits. But at that point I might as well reformat and start anew since it's won't be LTS after a while.

To add, I have it on my main desktop and the only problem haven't had a problem since build 9974, we're on 10130.
    • Oct 24, 2013
      So you are saying this is only a 1 year transition period for free then pay to play?
      If so, when did Microsoft become apple...

Sometimes I really have a hard time figuring out who is being silly and who is not with a few of these members.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      No, you are given a year to get it for free. There's no sub, premium, f2p, just nothing but free stuff and MS is your new friend. Basically it's a way to trick the enterprise users to upgrade. Easier to manage a single level software distribution than fragmentation.

Also Apple doesn't make you pay anything for new OS. We've been getting all their new OSes for free for 3 years now on IOS too.
    • Oct 24, 2013

I googled and not good results. Is this a reference to some cloud of bill gates?
      I've been very behind on tech lately.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      It's a joke. MS has a programming language called .Net. I just put Gate in front it. I'm a hoot at hooters parties.
    • Oct 24, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Wait what? The OS updates are not paid at all since 2012.

Unless you are talking about something else. And I'm pretty certain it's App Store and not iTunes.

@Secprotocol our resident Apple expert can weight in.
    • Feb 5, 2013
      Goodbye Windows 7, Goodbye Windows 8, it was nice knowing you guys while it last.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      No. Win 8 is terribad. Whoever thought it would be a good idea should be given to isis. Hopefully they didn't allow the same idiot to help with Win 10