Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Windows 7,xp or vista

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Richard420, Apr 6, 2012

1. Dec 2, 2011
    So i am going to change my os from 32 bit to 64. With that being said i am planning on either installing windows xp, vista ;0, Or 7 professional.
    So what are some + AND -'s With the following os's Flaws and crap that i will find out later on down the road.
    what do you guys think let me know.
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    7 or 8 but probably 7 for now. No reason to use an outdate OS.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Why did you make another thread? Go with 7, vista is pure shit and XP is dying, Microsoft will cut updates on XP within the next couple years IIRC.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Xp and vista fucking sucks for video games. Some people say that xp Gets less viruses but I dunno if that is right. I know that do and vista are wayyyyyyy too old now. windows 7 is best.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 2, 2011
          My other thread was about getting some help doing it now i am getting pro's and cons on it i am just researching man my bad brian.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          it's whatever they just sort of seemed intertwined is all.
        • Jan 12, 2011
          While I can't make a pro/con list for each right now, I'd suggest going with Windows 7. XP and Vista are older and have various issues unique to their systems. Not to say 7 is without quirks, but it runs noticeably faster and is reasonably intuitive in its layout. Having used all three, it's my favorite.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Dec 2, 2011
            My appologize Next time i will just combine the two topics.
          • Mar 6, 2012
            XP... they have already started the processs to doing it's EOL (End of life).
            Windows 7.... It's a pretty stable operating system if you take care of it.
            Windows 8.... Give it a couple more months before you try it.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Aug 1, 2011
              Here is some info on support for the OS's

Basically, your best bet is either to go with Windows 7 or wait till 8. As stated above, Vista sucks and XP is losing support since its in its end life. Another issue with XP is that since it is so old, it runs into compatibility issues with newer hardware and software that is being released. More and more items are dropping support for XP since it is over a decade decade old and most people are now using vista/7.
            • Mar 16, 2008
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Dec 2, 2011
                lololol Vista sucks i have it on my acer.
              • Mar 12, 2008
                For future reference, this is going from the BEST OS to use, down to the shittiest.
              • Dec 7, 2010
                I've personally used as well as help develop some of Microsoft's operating systems. Here is a little history of their development:

DOS -> Windows 1.0 -> OS/2 -> Windows/286 -> Windows/386 -> Windows 3.0 -> Windows 3.1 -> Windows NT -> Windows 95 -> Windows 98 -> Windows 2000 -> Windows XP -> Windows Vista -> Windows 7 -> Windows 8.

I used to work on OS/2 and NT where new concepts like Dynamic Linking Libraries were developed (DLLs). When Vista first came out I wrote an evaluation stating how much of a joke it was. Luckily Windows 7 came out shortly thereafter saving Microsoft's butt.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Mar 31, 2012
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Sep 6, 2010
                    Definitely 7. Vista sucks, I have it on my laptop and it got worse. I've used XP before and its alright, but I'd go with 7.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Nov 29, 2010

Vista took too much optimizing for me

XP was the shit back in the day, nobody used Vista
                    • May 14, 2011
                      If you want to go old school with an OS pick win 95 in dual boot with win 7. I would just skip Win 8 altogether. It doesn't seem that good an OS at all.