Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Windows 8 Preview

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Marshall, Apr 7, 2012

1. Mar 6, 2012
    I am just curious, has anyone else gotten to take a look at this? My MSDN has 10 copies to try out and see if I like it. I am thinking about throwing it on a VMware machine and checking it out. While I am at it, would anyone else be interested in checking it out?
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Yeah see, I was under the impression anyone could get it. So I was shocked to see that it was on my MSDN with keys.
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    It's a nice OS, i run it on my laptop, it's fun.

But you have to get used to it, it will take a while!
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    I dual booted 8 and 7 for a while. I liked the way 8 looked but decided to nuke that partition and change it to Ubuntu.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    Ubuntu ftw! I was a big user of Debian and Slackware too. W8...meh. Win98SE forever and ever.
  7. Feb 20, 2011
    I've gotten too used to Windows 8 now, I love it. The Release version should only bring improvements, they've already made Explorer slicker and with a more flatter UI, looking forward to release.

I wish I could pin Steam games to my Startscreen, but oh well, maybe in time Steam will release a Metro App Client, or update it to allow pinning of games.

Desk Start
  8. Nov 6, 2011