Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Windows doesn't boot

Discussion in Technical Support started by Cuniczek, Aug 27, 2013

1. Oct 4, 2012
    Hello, today I installed windows update, now I cannot start windows. It always shows 'Loading windows' and then my pc restarts and whole process loops again and again. It offers me to repair windows, always told me unable to repair. Tried to restore windows but that doesn't work either. I have 2 HDDs, both with windows installed, none work. Weird thing was when I removed one of my HDD, it still showed me Windows 7 in boot options twice. Helap plis :frown:. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Is this a custom built computer or something like a Dell or HP?
  3. Oct 4, 2012
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    Try running in safe mode. If you're able to, it'll be able to tell you that the newest update is conflicting with a non-crucial program.
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Have you tried booting into safe mode? Once it gets past the post screen and just before the Windows loading screen, mash your F8 key, and see if you can boot into safe mode. Also, do you see a quick flash of a Blue Screen of Death, then it restarts? Or does it just restart?
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    Start your computer and press F8, run it in Safe Mode with debugging (if available) and let us know where it gets stuck.
  7. Oct 4, 2012
    I can't boot into anything. I think i figured out the problem. After unplugging my older HDD and leaving my new one alone it shows 'reboot and select proper boot device' what does it mean? is the disk corrupted? I can see it in bios.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Errr, it probably corrupted your MBR. Do you have the same version of Windows installed on both HDD's?
  9. Oct 4, 2012
  10. Feb 27, 2012
    Check your BIOS and see if your hard drive is set to AHCI mode, or IDE mode... Whichever one it's set to, try and switch it around.

EDIT: For example, it would look like this.
    [IMG]
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    Nah, he needs to repair his MBR. It might have gotten corrupted after the update.
  12. Feb 27, 2012
    This same thing happened to my dad lol. Something might have got changed by accident, and this might have been it.

Also, note that if it still doesn't fix your problem, put it back to what it was before.
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Oct 25, 2012
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Good post, this is what I was referring to:

Code:
        		bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
        		c:
        		cd boot
        		attrib bcd -s -h -r
        		ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
        		bootrec /RebuildBcd
        But read the whole thing and see what applies to you.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Oct 4, 2012
          Uh, oh, I don't have dvd drive in my pc. I guess repair disk will work from flash drive just fine?
        • Nov 11, 2011
        • Jul 23, 2012
        • Oct 4, 2012
          Ok, I did this, it found some 'installation' and said 'operation was done succesfuly' now what? can I restart? #soexcited
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Uh... as long as it doesn't say "Self Destruct in 5 minutes."