Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Windows SP3 RC1

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kyle, Jan 21, 2008

1. Apr 9, 2007
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    noob....its old. lol
  3. Jan 22, 2007
    Or you could buy Vista. Lol.
  4. Dec 30, 2006
    oh jesus vista.

I'm still running on a god damn p3. with 256kb of ram

5. Apr 9, 2007
    I know its old, I found it on the microsoft site after looking hard enough for it, Also are you using the one i sent you? Thats RC0 :razz:
  6. Dec 30, 2006
    ummmm im using Service Pack 3, V.3264

w/e the heck that is lol

i think its RC1.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    Its RC1 You lucked out again because I sent you the package a while ago before microsoft offerd it :razz:
  8. Jan 14, 2008
    It's not that old, a little more than a month. But 336 mb. My god that's half the size of a full install cd. wtf.

Thanks for the link though. I haven't bothered with updates for about a year... got sick of patches crashing my shit. So I've been avoiding that mess as long as it still runs smoothly behind a decent firewall. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I might not even bother with sp3, but I might as well have it handy for a full/clean reinstall.

I'm still not touching vista for another year or so.
  9. Jan 14, 2008
    The MS forum feedback on sp3 is... not encouraging. Sure there are thousands of hardware configs and all kinds of random crazy shit that xp has to somehow deal with, so I'm not surprised to see a lot of problems. But I really really fucking hate beta testing on the user level. Especially when it's my machine and I'm not in the mood for crashes and troubleshooting and slogging through my registry. I think I'll wait for a full release.
  10. Apr 9, 2007
    Its a bunch of kiddies who don't know what there doing, but anyways its up to you.

Also the reason for the file size is its all the hotfixes since SP2.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    Thanks Cam. (Not entirely sure if that was supposed to be an insult or not. Or who that was directed at. :ermm: )