Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

With Minas on rotation..

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Complexity, Apr 16, 2014

1. Nov 17, 2012
    There needs to be some kind of Anti-Grief. Every time the map is on there ar epeople trolling with the cades and it's literally impossible to tell who it is.

Now I know pF like using their own scripts etc.and it wouldn't be worth installing EntWatch for 1 map,.

Perhaps if people pressing "use" was recorded or something in the chat or people picking up items. So that the Admins can easily work out who the trollers are.

There is no point of even playing the map if people just troll like this and we can't complete it.

Cheers.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I've tried quite a few different things and i can't get the server to print out who uses what. I don't know why it is, and Deto even looked at it and doesn't understand why it doesn't work either.
    • Jan 30, 2013
      I agree. Maps kinda unplayable with all the spam.

Also, Doesnt minas work with entwatch? perhaps it required a different approach to get it working? Too lazy to look at code to see if that's the case.

TBH I'd rather see entwatch, or at least update AG to do/function/look like entwatch. AG doesn't even announce who picks up what at times :frown:
    • Jul 23, 2012
      There was one anti-grief system that I gave to an LSA a long time ago, don't know how that turned out. If I can find it, want it?
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Minas actually does work with entwatch. It makes it so that cts can't spam the cades or other items on different maps like predator (no more device spamming). However, I heard that pF couldn't add entwatch because adding it will be too much for the server to handle but that might not be the reason.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      The code-base was beyond deplorable, if it has improved; I can't say. Please do your research.
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Nov 26, 2011
        Agreed, Hydreigon's assertions are quite shallow and pedantic.
      • Jan 30, 2013
        Unless I'm just that bad (probably :cat: ) it doesnt look bad judging by the latest rev. I do know it was taken over recently, so perhaps alot has changed, or nothing has. Reminds me of what I had back when I was doing my own to give to someone, so Perhaps I'm visually biased here.
      • Mar 30, 2013
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I don't understand how much more of a problem this has become compared to the past...? I know some of these things are a bit annoying but I don't think it is more annoying now as it was in the past, and we could still win Minas. Maybe we didn't know of Entwatch back then?
        • Sep 9, 2012
          yea this map can be trolled hard and when it does it sucks bad.... with that said i love this map!!!
        • May 31, 2012
          I've been lucky with this map and have not run into too many trolling issues. Do the items work like predator such that other players can use your item? Normally, there are so many players so I could imagine that it is difficult to catch item spammers without carefully reviewing demos. I hope we can overcome these software limitations.

Just a thought: I could imagine that harsher punishments might lead to less trolling whether it scares potential trollers (as a form or prevention) or removes them from the server when they are banned. I personally believe a lot of players troll because so many of them can get away with it for so long. I can't see the procedures now, but they were warn -> kick -> ban which implies the player gets two chances before a ban; they practically scale their chances with different admins or at times when no admin is on, and they get away with it constantly. I think griefing, no matter which server you go on (could be a racist KKK Nazi eats-kittens supporting server - yes, I'm trying to be outrageous to exaggerate my point), it would still be considered malicious. The best I can do is advertise @Aprz 's guide "Reporting Players & Admins" and hope that other players actively report any griefing.
        • Feb 25, 2014
          Is entwatch something like sourceTV? because wih sourceTV you can rewatch whole maps as it basicly demo's everything.
        • Apr 3, 2013
          It allows admins to restrict players from picking up items and it says more than just "X has picked up a flaming chainsaw". It says in chat if that item gets dropped or the user dies with it. I think it also logs cades on Minas but not entirely sure about that.
        • Feb 25, 2014
        • Apr 1, 2012
          off topic: adding minas back to rotation is a bad idea, it's going to lose its novelty since it lost its exclusivity.
          and then people will get bored of it, and then people will not take it seriously anymore. but ofc, we can always rely on Minasfags to carry us to victory in that map!

on topic: that would be a mess, unless someone would like to go through the trouble of identifying every single cade type (from toilet seats to shelves, vases and tables), because if you're just going to put "X has placed a Barricade", it's not going to cut it and will just flood the chat.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          No, I disagree. We could never beat Minas when it was being put occasionally, because no one knew it. Every time there were always people who didn't know what to do. I as well often forget certain things and what the tricks etc were on Minas because it was never there. And 50% of the minas events were during night for Europeans so for us this is really amazing.

Minas will never get bored. It doesn't get won near as much as Mako does. I kind of compare it to Predator. We already beat predator and minas, but each time they remain interesting because the chance of winning really depends on everything team-related, so you can't win with just a single item. You can do this on Minas but you have to be extremely lucky and in the very coincidentical situation. Add some noob zombies or AFK nazguls and it's done. Predator isn't even soloable. Mako for instance gets beaten every single time. It's even easier than ze_dust_escape by now as everyone known exactly how to win this.

We also know what to do on Minas and Predator in order to win, but the chances are much lower because everyone has to be part of it. Therefore, these maps remain classics whereas Mako is now forgotten for already a considerable amount of players. I myself cannot recall anymore whenever I played it, and I don't miss it. When I get online and I see it's Mako, I know it's going to be won, so I feel no point in connecting. For predator or Minas, I love to join, because I never know if we're going to make it, aka not predictable.

Sooo, keep Minas on rotation, forever. Btw I love Mako, the map is great, but that's the big difference in my opinion.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 1, 2012
            How is it team related when stage 4's ending is all about hiding for your sorry lives or getting a horse and just run around? Or in stage 3's ending where there's this last guy who stood at the highest stack of cades and make a run for it when the doors open. Or in stage 1, it's up to who can hug the door and strafe run before the horses best. Because the horse chase part is pointless for normal zombies. Now that anti stack is disabled in minas, you only need cades and little defense since we all know zms will take forever to break cades. So it's mostly just people who are good with cades and the rest can sit back and fap.