Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in Gaming started by Bender Rodriguez, Jun 6, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Was... was that old lady laughing Eva Braun...?

Other than that, it looks pretty good.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012

It looks really cool though. I never played the current newest one, because it didnt look that great. But i loved the original. Hopefully it's more based like that one.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
            Benderius, Apr 8, 2014 Last edited by Benderius, Apr 8, 2014
          • Jun 18, 2012
            And then if you manage to beat the game, they'll come for you again in 2018 @Benderius!

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

Also I thought we left the, we have to sound super heavy, tough and cool to get our message across era ... it honestly just throws me off, so unnatural.
          • Jun 11, 2012
            A. that movie trailer. Every time I see it I raugh.
            B. Honestly I like the voice acting. It's like how Tarantino does with his movies. There's like a whole science behind it that pretty much point to how we perceive things on amplitude of voices.
          • Jun 18, 2012
            Typo, or a typical expression from the depths of bendor?

As for the science behind it, I bet it's true. Guess it's just me disliking all the heavy talking without feeling the actual emotion in his voice ... Maybe just my brain filtering it all out cause I don't like the view the game tries to create (sounds plausible since I've disliked this explicit thing a lot of times lately).

Also I liked the song at the end of that train trailer where you pick the test ... Only thing my eye caught was a ''normal'' wooden chair in a moving train, idk, it seemed like a bumpy railway and I doubt you could sit still on it. And I also thought the name of the song was kinda lame ... but hey, I guess sometimes people just HAVE to find something to complain about.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • May 31, 2012
            • Jun 11, 2012
              This game looks more and more amazing each day. I like that the music changes depending which route you take. Also funny they recorded 1960 esque original songs in deutsch for the game and used some other old one.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o9Xi4l7jy0
            • Feb 3, 2012
            • May 29, 2012
              I cant watch the video. It´s restricted in germany... kinda racist?
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Jun 11, 2012
                Launch Trailer. I was kinda right, it's Tarantino inspired so much which makes the damn story even more amplified.
                "What'chu been up to?"
                "Y'know, just shooting, stabbing, strangling Nazis"

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENTC-mAQ0tI
                • Like Like x 1
                • May 12, 2014
                  Cool trailer! Fuck them all, motherfuckers nazis!
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  8 hours of playing and this game was under-hyped (had to stop due to werk). This is some glorious, motherloving, sensual shooting, wise cracking, well developed, characters over the top gaming I've played in a while. The story is so well done that it gripped me for hours (too close to burning a lasagna due to crazy German old lady talking).
                  Shooting, oh my gawd the shooting. Weapons are just so fine tuned to your appreciation that it becomes fluid. Though I've been playing with the stealth approach more and more.

Take Tarantino story telling, combine it with dishonored stealth, take really well done shooter, great dialog, and a interesting replayability and you get The New Order. Also I feel like Tarantino is somehow involved in this, and if not they must really love him because that's the vibe I'm getting. Also you can play the original Wolfenstein hi-res, that was fun.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Nov 29, 2010
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    How do you make the game even more complete? Since the game is a alternate timeline of "What if the Nazis won? And what if they are instilled in everything?" Re-record many pop culture song to come out in English in Deutsche. Bethesda even re-recorded a Beatles like song where the Beatles formed but were forced to learn Deutsche and sing such pop hits with Nazis ascendance in mind. This game is wunder-tastic.

Original

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDlrRQ6Yzis

Wolfenstein-ed

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_artPecEaM
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Jul 20, 2012
                      I don't know how far into the game I am, but everything about it so far has been superb. I love the stealthing and headshooting the most. I plan to complete the game in Über.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jun 11, 2012
                        Finished the game, did 1 timeline, so I sit here thinking "I want to replay it right bloody now with the other timeline", that's how good the game got to me. Also the OST to the game ramps up in superbability.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
                      • Jul 20, 2012
                        I just finished it myself today with Über difficulty all the way. But how do I chose a timeline?

Oh, I see. I checked Youtube to see the other ending, but they are exactly the same.
                        Trond, May 31, 2014 Last edited by Trond, May 31, 2014
                      • Jul 20, 2012
                        My favorite weapons where silencer gun, because I like to go stealth and shooting people in the head, sniping (shooting them in the head again), and that electro weapon I didnt know I could use as a gun until late in the game, and blow them up into thousand of pieces. I didn't care much for dual, and shotgun was weak. I mostly went ra-ta-ta-ta-ta with the machine gun. Funny I could kill with silencer and no alarm went off even though thy died close by their own team.
                        • Funny Funny x 1