Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Wolfram Alpha

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Ghost, Sep 13, 2012

Good site?

Genius 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Its ok 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Naah 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Looks good but don't have a use for it. 1 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. May 14, 2011

Well I assume quite a few people know about this but I tired it out today and this site is god-like.

For people who study math or science this site can tell you the answer and show you how to do it. It also accepts images of questions and other amazing things.

Capture

Now a site that can do that by simply typing that into search. I'm sure anyone in final years of school or in uni can appreciate how great this site is.

Thanks for reading.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    You're only 3 years late but yeah, it's a great site. I work with people who develop this project. I am a dumbass in comparison to them.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      I know i'm late. But its the first time i've tried it out. I didn't expect it to be so good. :smile:
    • Feb 21, 2007
      so it helps you cheat on your homework....? So now our already stupid generation of kids can be even dumber?
    • May 14, 2011
      Cheat, no. Help, yes. You try that derivation lol.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      I got through Calculus (multiple classes of it in college) doing it the correct way :/ spending tons of time working through shit.
    • May 14, 2011
      Cheating and following the method through to see how its done and then repeating it in following questions are not the same things.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Try doing that when you are taking an exam. The best way to figure this stuff out is spend time working through it on your own. In time, if you can't figure it out, then you preferably go to you instructor and have them work through it with you.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      You say that like its a difficult problem.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      I was able to get thru calculus without having a website tell me the correct answer. Infact, I was able to make it through high school, college, medical school, and residency without that. You're telling me that kids aren't going to just copy/paste the shit they see, but instead they will sit down and use their critical thinking skills in combination with the website to actually learn?? I call bs...
    • May 31, 2012
      I had calculus classes this (my first) year of uni and lots of people used Wolfram Alpha. It's an OK tool if you are really doing the exercises by yourself and then you check the ones you are unsure about, but some people in my class abused it, I believe... I think in the end only five or six guys out of 85 have passed it, though, so it doesn't really help in the end imo.
    • May 14, 2011
      For me it is. Or at least it was 5 days ago until i learnt the correct method. Bear in mind im 17. :smile:

Well my £15 calculator can do that derivation, its nothing special, I'm saying the fact that the website can work though it for you and show you the method is nice.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      that is true. This could be useful in place of, or at least when a tutor is unavailable.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        I could have used this back in Highschool. Maybe then I wouldn't have passed with a 54%

The rest of you are all nerds. Makin' me feel inferior and shit. :C