Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Working on the 24th. LAME!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Taters, Dec 23, 2008

1. Mar 12, 2008
    Who else gets the short straw and works today?

whether it be spent serving endless amounts of customers, or waiting at tables, or whatever, share your thoughts here!

it's not easy being a butcher around these times. everyone wants their shit *CUT* *JUST* *RIGHT*. then everyone cuts in line to "ask questions" then ends up buying something so they don't have to wait, then people get pissed and the shit hits the fan.
    since i'm basically a clerk, I still serve custies and prepare meat, and package it. since my department is the largest in our district, We get 20 boatloads of customers during any holiday.
    so it's not uncommon to see a clerk waiting on 5 different custies at one time, trying to keep them all happy lol. one wrong move and you can cost sales, or that said person would just make your day hell. then the next one steps up to bat.

here's some good advice. never work in a grocery store. especially any departments.

I work a dreaded 1pm-10pm shift.
    It's good that the store will die by 6pm though. can't wait for that.
  2. Oct 27, 2007
    Im working >_< kinda sucks but yeah its all good
  3. Aug 27, 2008
    I feel for both of you guys... I used to be a sales manager for Best Buy and in the 5 years I worked there I was always stuck till at least 6:30pm

Not this year though :grin:

But I feel for yah guys hope you get something good in return for working today
  4. Oct 27, 2007
    yeah i got paid today but thats about it >_<
  5. Nov 24, 2007
    I used to work at steakout part time and I got stuck working a open to close on Christmas eve.It sucked ass.We had no calls all day.I feel ya guys.
  6. May 27, 2008
    LOLOLOLOLOL. I'll see you when you get home, Alex.
    Hope you went through enough shit at work.
    You're missing the Norwegian holidays.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    My sister is working on the 25th, suckered.
  8. Dec 30, 2006
    Suckers. I had both the 24th and 25th off. Hahaha.
  9. Aug 8, 2008
    ^ Sucker, I have EVERY day off.