Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

World cup

Discussion in Sports started by Nitrogenix, May 7, 2014

1. Feb 25, 2014
    So it is time again for the biggest tournament in the world (probaly the most corrupted one too). Were talking footbal here or for the people from the states soccer, my country the Netherlands probaly won't get very far this time. We got a too young and inexperience team also other countries are much better this tournament. Spain this year is over the hill but still a dark horse on winning, altough i highly doubt they will. Brasil wil be the favourite along With Germany. another dark horse for me is Argentina altough messi is not in his best shape he still can play for revange making up his lost season. And we all know one guy aka marradona can carry a team to victory. Anyway what do u guys and girls think.... Ps sorry for the amount of type errors i'm writing this on my ipad somewhere far away from home and being bored xd
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    What is the world cup? Like a cup that the entire world drinks from?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012

I'm excited for it. The USA probably won't get far but hey it's fun to watch.
    • Mar 4, 2012

Also go USA!!!
    • Feb 25, 2014
      and ofc also this time we Holland have a special viewers in the stadium with dresses of a beer company there not aloud to wear xd but hey who cares.

DAFE23CD82FEF3177A5CE413162C6

album_large_1182427
    • Mar 19, 2014
      Big Spain supporter here... So obviously I was depressed with their first two matches. Pleasantly surprised with the USA's performance! Overall, the Cup has been entertaining and I'm sad at how quickly it seems to be going... Pretty soon there will be another 4 long years until the next one :frown:... At least there are Euros in two years.
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Yeah, For me it is a positive surprise because I never dreamed the Netherlands would go this far. And with Costa Rica as our next match i think we will get to the semi finals.
    • Mar 19, 2014
      Oh you are Dutch! Congrats to you then! Robben and Van Persie are in amazing form right now. I think you guys should beat Costa Rica... But I wouldn't underestimate them either!
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
        I doubt they will, Van gaal know what to do. But at least it wouldn't be so hot.
      • Jun 3, 2011
      • Feb 25, 2014
        I don't think so, Germany has overall a much better group, and they have to play against them in the next round and after seeing them against Nigeria I doubt it. Nigeria lost but they had a 100% goal which was not allowed by the refery on wrong terms.
      • Aug 7, 2012
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Feb 25, 2014
          • Like Like x 1
          • Aug 12, 2012
          • Jul 20, 2010
            Wonder if Robben will flop again, never liked the Dutch national team. They play dirty and foul like crazy.
          • Apr 25, 2014
            I hope costa rica makes it far. Kinda ironic how they are up against Netherlands.
          • Feb 25, 2014
            Depens on how you look at it, he flops yes but defenders should know that, they give him the opportunity to do so. In the first half he got tackled hard and that was yet again a 100% penalty not given, + the 2 penalties the Netherlands was given against (which where not penalties) them it is hardly dirty how we play. We came back in 3 games which no teams have manage to do yet, only Germany did this before somewhere in the 80s. The Dutch teams play hard and play defensively and it works, with the speed of robben en the brilliance of van persie we get the most out of the team. So if you wanna call us dirty at least do your research and don't believe everything they tell you on the television.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Here let me refresh your "memory"

I remember the last World Cup Final in 2010 where Netherlands played so dirty it wasn't even funny.

Chile had you on the ropes in the last group game this year and every time they mounted an attack you would see late and dirty challenges. Hell they were just simply going for the player not even the ball at times. Also you were only down in two games not three games. The second game you were "down" was after Netherlands scored at the 20th minute and then the game was tied at the 21st minute. Australia then went ahead and minutes later the game was tied again. Someone clearly needs to do some research, seeing as you took the lead in that game and threw it away. That was against a fairly weak team also and a pretty chippy game as well. There is a reason why lots of people don't like the Dutch national team.

Oh and who can forget the Portugal vs Netherlands match in the 2006 World Cup. Sorry but your National team has a track record of dirty play.

Badgriuel, Jul 1, 2014 Last edited by Badgriuel, Jul 1, 2014
          • Feb 25, 2014
            So 3 incidents make it dirty play, well if that is your opinion then that is ok, although it is based on only 3 incidents. If you look at it then there are more countries who play dirty and even more then us.

You just don't like our country and the way we play, which is fine just don't try to make your opinion looks like it is a fact because you are miserable wrong.

But I'm not here to debate your opinion as you can clearly have yours, just mind the nuisance if you want to come up with silly videos do a background check, there is so much more then only what you are told.
          • Jun 11, 2012
            At least they aren't faking it like the rest of these idiots. Rather see a man get hit and fall then see a man want to be seen get hit even if the hitting never occurred.

TFW at 3:28 best one