Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by m3rg3, Aug 23, 2009

1. Jan 1, 2008
  2. Jun 29, 2008
    I'm sure anyone who plays WoW has heard of this already. :razz:
  3. Jan 1, 2008
    just spreadint he word... i dident hear about this till my brother told me..
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    Cool, even more new WoW content that's taken from other games. :rolleyes:

When I saw Deathwing, for a moment I thought I clicked the wrong link and was watching a Lineage 2 trailer from years ago.
  5. Jan 1, 2008
    Haha.. i thought i heard that nime before too.... :/

Looks fun though...
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    It's a WoW expansion. If you've played WoW before, it'll be the same thing even after all the expansions. All they do is just reskin certain things, add a new race, then make you pay for it. They never add anything original to make it worth continuing with the game, because it's the same old thing each time.

If I'm going to pay $15 a month to play a game, I'll pay it for EVE Online. Except for the fact that I play EVE for free due to them allowing you to pay for it with in-game currency.
  7. Dec 20, 2008

Deathwing's been around longer than two years

WoW has new and extremely innovative features each expansion, even if they do take some of their original content from old games, the majority of it is fresh and from the lore they've built over the years from the old WC games and the books/comics.

I might have to start playing again if I have time when I go off to college for this 3:
  8. Jan 1, 2008

The in-game currancy thing is a good idea...
  9. Dec 20, 2008
    too bad it's not for the company. If everyone plays long enough, they'll have a good enough grasp in the ingame economy to be able to do this, and the company will get -zero- revenue from players. I know that will never happen, but they're losing a very large amount of profit they could be making, even though they still make a lot via. sponsoring, ads, merch, etc., it's still a bit of a loss.
  10. May 31, 2008
    WoW sucks pretty bad. Unless of course you like doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. I'm talking about PvE here because the PvP in WoW is a joke.
  11. Jan 10, 2009
    hey everybody! lets grind and sell and grind and sell and grind and level and grind some more!
  12. Jun 7, 2008
    if by grind you mean sexy dancing then yes!
  13. Jan 1, 2008
    thats what i thought he meant...

14. Jan 10, 2009
    you two are spot on!
  15. Jun 29, 2008
    Wotlk pvp is dumb.

2256 rated 3s in season 2, no gladiator. Season 3 gladiator cut off is like 2100. EFF!

Hi, I'm a loser. :tard:
  16. May 31, 2008
    Unfortunately I got into pvp a few weeks after wotlk. Dks and blizzards inability to to balance ruin it.
  17. Jan 10, 2009
    im lost. just saying. dont let wow eat your souls like it did my friends. plox.
  18. Jan 5, 2007
    Except for the fact that the method of paying with in-game currency still puts money in the pocket of the company that owns the game. The time-codes that you are able to buy on the market in-game are purchased by players then converted to an in-game item which is then seeded on the market for other players to purchase. This method allows players who can't afford to pay with real world currency to continue playing by paying another player with in-game currency, all the while giving the owning company money from the initial purchase of the time-codes.

Then of course all the expansion to EVE Online are free, where as the majority of most other MMOs will only allow you to experience the expansion content if you have purchased it. Sometimes by paying as much or even more than you first paid for the game itself. Blizzard is only after the player's money, they have proven that time and time again and have failed to deliver anything new and innovating. I welcome you to show me examples of some brand new never before seen feature that Blizzard has come up with for WoW or any of their 'recent' titles.

And yes kiki, I have played WoW before you even ask. After maxing characters and reaching the end-game, what was left to do? PvP or the Battlegrounds? What a joke that is. The classes are horribly balanced and get even worse with each expansion. Once you have maxed a character and gotten the end-game equipment, there's no point in continuing with it. The 'lore' in WoW is pointless as well since they didn't even follow the original lore from the previous games and novels. They couldn't find a way to make it fit so they just went and threw it out and redid it, instead of following their original design.
  19. Jan 1, 2008
    On the talk about PvP...

Im concorer... witch is like the best PvP Rank Ever! You cant get it now, this was in the first EVER WoW packet...

Mean i own at PvP as a preist!
  20. Dec 20, 2008
    You were vague, I thought you bought it directly from the company, not through someone who buys them then sells them for IG money.

And I agree that WoW is boring once you've 'beaten' all the end-game content. I'm quitting now after playing forever, and just having killed Algalon 3284732 times it's really gotten boring.

The only thing that I could do forever, though, is trolling trade. It never, ever gets old.