Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Would allowing bhopping on ZE ruin ZE?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Aprz, May 23, 2016

Should bhopping be allowed?

Yes, bhopping should be allowed. 19 vote(s) 67.9%
No, bhopping should not be allowed. 9 vote(s) 32.1%
  1. Mar 26, 2012
    I have been playing a lot of ZM, especially after the death of ZE. I was just hopping on ZE and was kind of sad that my mad bhopping skills (not that mad really) weren't really working. In videos of others I've seen, people have bhopped and it turned out everything was okay. Was bhopping every truly a problem on ZE? Would allowing bhopping 100% of the time (even if it meant triggering early and getting map items) make ZE more enjoyable?
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    • Zing! Zing! x 2
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Uh, hello...? Why do you think I am asking this? It seems the way ZE is right now is not appealing to people. I think bhopping would be one way to make it more appealing. While I know entwatch is not considered clean/efficient coding, it seems people want it. Give the people what they want! :razz:
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Reversing this curse isn't going to bring back your ZE. It was never a problem. Never should it have been a rule in the first place. ZE has check points. Why afraid of someone finishing the map? Why be a pussy? Just because someone can bhop because they've practiced makes it an unfair advantage? In a marathon, if you can't swim, that means they have to ban swimming? Looool! My lord... save me lord, save me.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        css: not so much due to the population/playerbase
        cs:go: Yes to the point that bhop on some servers is more op than css with bhop enabled because of changed mechanics.

I don't have any clue about what will happen to pF cs:s ze because of the more focus on cs:go. i3d/n3xt cs:s ze has already shut down so we may be able to get something from here. I would love to see @Moltard's opinion on this cause he is bhop mad (not as mad as someone like Last_Whore_of_Hakurei_Shrine but he bhops a lot on ze). I don't know if I myself can get used to bhop if it's enabled.

P.S. Half zombie bhop would be very debatable.
        I sadly never played back in 2011-2012 meaning I can't say much about bhop on ze then. It was probably a measure to find an effective way to play ze as there isn't much fancy plugins and players then. Skip forward to 2015 and we got a drastically changed playerbase with different (and partially screwed up) rules and beliefs as well as fancy plugins.

Now for something offtopic. I personally think zombie escape as a whole (all the possible communities in css and csgo) is at an all time low for the following reasons.
        • Valve not taking much consideration into cs:go modding. This explains why mechanics in csgo aren't as fluent as css.
        • Current css playerbase (as its a dying game since like 2013).
        • ze being an old old mod.
        • ze needing a special type of care to run a server unlike most css mods (and most other games as well).
        • New and different (zombie related) games. PLayers come and go. I think ze doesn't have as much as an appeal as it did years ago especially with a bunch of "newer and different" fun games.
        The question is "Is Zombie Escape at an all time low at this point?" I had plans to do a thread like this but I want to find a way to say this to all communities at once without having to register and shit but doing a call like this would be impossible (possibly pointless). Before I cast my vote for bhopping, I might as well wait and see what a lot vote for.
        Hydreigon, May 23, 2016 Last edited by Hydreigon, May 23, 2016
      • Mar 26, 2012
        Well, we don't need to limit this just to CS:S ZE. Just something was thinking about with ZE in general. CS:GO is definitely the future, but I do feel like our community's niche is CS:S.
      • May 31, 2012
        This is why I have always told you and the other leaders that you need to visit other communities. You need to sacrifice a small amount of your time and give a negligible amount of business to your competitors; however, the trade-off is that you can learn from their successes, failures, and niches, which is exponentially worth more than the few minutes of population you gave them.

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends." - Baltasar Gracian

Bhopping only widened the gap between the better and weaker players, but it never reversed the roles and it scarcely changed the outcome of the round. Better players have a stronger intuition on the maps and could still use "legitimate" ways to get to items and triggers faster than others (such as [wall] strafing, secrets and shortcuts). The only thing enforcing the rule did was drive away many of the skilled players into other communities where it was allowed, or they were banned here.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I was never fond of the rule, one of the many reasons I shied away from ZE. I always assumed mappers would (should?) have some idea of how to prevent someone triggering anything "game breakingly" early.
        • Feb 24, 2011
          Pretty much this^
          Unless the mapper haven't made things way too hard the players themselves should be able to learn/manage things themselves in various situations.
          Downward slopes are usually the thing that can kill a bunch of people if not prevented by the players. They could for example have a few people (who can bhop themselves) staying behind/slowing the zombies down before they reach the slope, letting the non-bhoppers run down first.
          If the map itself provides an item that could always be utilized in some way as well.

I believe that people can adapt to this kind of stuff.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 30, 2013
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mar 26, 2012
              I am hoping with enough support, we could change the rule to make ZE better for everyone.
            • Oct 13, 2011
              Changing a rule or two won't make any difference.
            • Mar 26, 2012
              We can always take baby steps to make the server better.
            • Apr 9, 2012
              How can you say ZE is not appealing when there are almost always 2-3 server completely full most time of the day...?
            • Dec 6, 2011
              From early experiences when ZE was full 24/7, the main issues were usually things being triggered too early that could screw over non-bhoppers, as well as zombies using a slope to maintain massive amounts of speed, and they'd kill non-bhoppers/players in the back, or they'd bhop right into the pile of humans waiting at a "hold".
            • Jun 18, 2012
              As little as my opinion matters, and as much as I was opposed to BHopping in CSS, if PF wants to get anywhere it should probably start with as blank as a slate as possible and improve from thereon. Mapeadores for examples only prohibits scripts, which gets rid of a good part of these so called ''pro's''. As long as the ones who actually can, would stick out for the ones who can't (you know, what ZE was intended to be, helping eachother out) a rule on it would never be necessary. Sadly the above mentioned early triggers, teleporting groups of people and zombies, is what ruins it (mostly on slightly older maps). Simply because the ''skilled'' don't want to put up with the rest and rather start over every round after a minute... Orange's reaction is a perfect example (except if he's talking about zombies not being allowed to BHop).

All in all I'd say what needs to be changed is the players mindset rather than prohibiting them from putting their skill to good use. I'll also go ahead and once more emphasize the need of new maps on GO, it's a different game and therefor requires a different playstyle. At first sight I'd say smaller maps which force players to stay focused (kinda like Dejavu), due to sluggish GO movement. Small benefit a mapper could get out of it, less room to adequately bunnyhop.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 28, 2013
                For cs:go, we can enable bhop as long as its mapeadores style (for GFL's bhop is really op af).
              • Feb 8, 2013
                Orange, May 24, 2016 Last edited by Orange, May 24, 2016
              • Oct 11, 2012
                What Brett said. I played ZE back in the hay day of it. It was only an issue when players would bhop far ahead of their team, trigger something early and knowingly fuck over their entire team.

tldr;

Trolls ruined it for everyone. Some maps gave the trolls a easier way to troll by triggering early.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Informative Informative x 1