Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Wtf is wrong with our legislators?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Benvolio, Jul 4, 2012

1. Mar 4, 2012

This kid gets arrested and fined for having a pocket-knife in New York. Had never been in trouble before and was a tourist visiting the city and the judge gives him the maximum sentence. Now, the kid did break the law, granted it was a stupid law. At some point in time people need to utilize their judgement and let stupid shit like this go seeing as the kid is harmless and the knife he had on his person as the time wasn't large by any means. Our politicians are turning this country into a goddamn nanny-state and shit like this is where it starts. Land of the free... so much for that.
  2. May 30, 2012
    Our world i scary in many ways :razz:
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    Welcome to america. we need a serious review of some laws and need to be more lenient towards some laws broken. recently a man was sent to jail on a life sentence for robbing some places with a gun and i recall shooting a dog i might be wrong but hes an 18 y/o kid who did this on his first offense, now he should serve some time but we have god damn child molesters serving less.
  4. Mar 19, 2012
    Moral being: don't rob a place with a gun.
  5. Jun 17, 2012
    life sentence for robbing a store with a gun and its your first offense. well i dont believe thats what america should be. like i said there are rapists, child molestors, MURDERS and others with worse crimes and they will serve less time this is one fucked up judicial system.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    Lucky fuckin' kid. He gets sent to prison, get free medical/dental/vision, 24/7 doctors, roof over hishead, and 3 meals a day, his own exercise area, and free literature. This is if you don't mind the (possible) rapings, stabbings, stranglings, and/or possible death.

Prison gets for free what taxpayers work for. Real.

I'm pretty sure if you rob the wrong place, it won't matter what offence it is.

I'd sooner put a shot shell in his asshole before he got a chance to pull that trigger.

He knew what he was doing. Obv he was trying to be hardcore, or maybe he just needed money for whatever reason. Either or, it's still an armed robbery. You don't let that shit slide, even if it is first offence. "First offence" is meant to be a slap on the wrist, not a "get out of jail free" card.
    Taters, Jul 5, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Jul 5, 2012
  7. Apr 1, 2012
    prison life isn't so bad for a lot people.

heh, you can search in google for luxurious prisons for regular criminals...
  8. Mar 12, 2008

yeah i totally didnt mean to post that first part. I kinda went on a tangent butt fuck it. I'm american. I pay taxes so i can say whatever the fuck i want.
  9. Oct 27, 2010
    Legal systems have always been seriously flawed all throughout the world, all throughout time. Humanity is absurd as life calls for absurdity.

Tough break for the kid though... I'd bet it won't screw up his life too much in the end though seeing as how he seems to be trying to become a priest.
  10. Jun 17, 2012
    Taters in no way a get out of jail free card. Life in prison is definatly not the way though. 5-10 years yes and i completely agree first time offense or not you will have some sentence served or some manditory discipline, i would no sooner shoot him the moment i see or think he has a gun too, kids now days think if they have a gun they are invicible and this gets out of hand very quickly, , the truth of this case though is either it will gradually fade from the news or he will get an appeal and have a shorter sentence. When we lock up anyone and everyone though for some crimes that seem completely absurd i always think of how my taxes are going to pay for their lives but the crime does not fit the time here. On another note though i think if your going to get a life sentence might as well just kill them. whats the point of letting some of these people live when some have killed others or done crimes in such sever degrees. Do the victims get to live their lives or have a choice of living a prison life no they do not you took that from them and we should take that from you too.
  11. Feb 14, 2012
    I don't understand why they added in all the shit about his religious views into the article. How is the fact that he's a Christian even remotely relevant to the situation at hand. Useless filler.
  12. Jul 19, 2011
    thats so wack... and this is in new york too. of all the places known to have stricter violations, NY is the state he's in?!?!?! absurd
  13. Mar 4, 2012
    Have you ever been around people that go to Bible-colleges? They're a different sort of breed...