Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Xbox 1 facts and rumors

Discussion in Gaming started by [pF] LuciD, Jun 13, 2013

1. May 31, 2012
    Anybody know actual truth to it. Like do 360 games work with it, does it cost money to lend games to people, cant seem to find and factual evidence with it.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Nope. No backwards compatibility, physically or digitally, due to the architecture change.
    Via IGN -> http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-not-backwards-compatible

While I too have heard rumors about it, Microsoft doesn't officially handle lending as transactions. It seems to be more to do with the resale of games, with indicates that Microsoft is backpedaling on the whole "no used games market," and even that may be delegated onto 3rd parties/publishers to arrange the terms of.
    Via Microsoft -> http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license
    Vadleon, Jun 13, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Jun 13, 2013
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    Xbox 1: Always online, can't trade games with friends, can only resell games to APPROVED retailers, can't trade games with friends, Always on Kinect must be connected or it won't work. It watches you while you don't use it.

there's too many negatives from the gamer's viewpoint to consider this a worthy purchase.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2012
      Get a PS4
    • May 31, 2012
      I heard xbox live will be cancelled and use only for the xbox 1
    • Apr 4, 2013

There's too many negatives from the hardcore gamers point of view. Microsoft targeted a more casual audience as well as the kids who like to buy Call of Duty and scream on mic. They dug their own grave in terms of sales still, but people who game like it's a second full time job will definitely not be buying this console.
    • Mar 12, 2008

I just have a problem with the kinect watching everything i do. If I were to get it, i'd keep electrical tape or some cardboard over it at all times.
    • May 11, 2011
      There are going to be people with money who buy both for exclusives.
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Are you feeling anxious? Microsoft's mood algorithms will find and suggest content appropriate to how you're feeling!
      Via GeekWire -> http://www.geekwire.com/2012/happy-sad-microsoft-system-target-ads-based-emotional-state/

Granted, the article is a year old, but monitoring you and your friends will be easier than ever on the brand new XBone. Oh, and it gets better:
      Via ExtremeTech -> http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Also kinda old news (7 months ago), but is anyone else seeing a theme with these developments on the Kinect over the last year? It shouldn't come as a surprise then that Microsoft was the first join PRISM:
      Via the Huffington Post -> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/nsa-prism-data-mining_n_3399310.html

Sorry for the wall of quotes, but the scope of things is a lot larger than I think many people realize. It might sound like an infectious ball of paranoid hype, but when The Guardian, Washington Post, and various other news groups are all reporting on the same thing.... it kinda doesn't sit well with me.
      Vadleon, Jun 14, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Jun 14, 2013
    • Jul 20, 2010
      There a lot of drawbacks with the Xbox One looks like Sony will have a large share of the console market this year and Nintendo will see an increase as well with Microsoft losing it's market share over many miss-ques.

Also Vadleon if PRISM is news to you and that the government is ever watching or listening then where the hell have you been the past 20 years lol. This ain't new shit all major governments have been tapping into Signals(SIGINT) for years and years now lol. What do you think those big round white domes are you see sometimes?
    • Mar 12, 2008

• Jan 12, 2011
      This specific and latest development with PRISM is kinda news to me, but the notion that the NSA/government has been spying on everyone isn't the slightest bit surprising. Generally I'm the one to inform my friends of the latest news with regards to policies, and the responses are expectedly mixed. I just hope that Microsoft's impeccable timing of a BS DRM-veiled console along with the general press learning about PRISM leads to many people questioning what policies and practices we haven't been seeing with our government (or companies for that matter). If nothing else, it should at least be a step to more awareness on the issue since Microsoft tried pushing too much too fast on the XBone.

Back on topic(ish), yeah, as long as Sony keeps their word and doesn't pull a "bait and switch" with the PS4, I have no doubt they'll be the winning high-def twin this generation. Even with as little advertising as the WiiU has gotten, I think it'll gain some numbers over Microsoft as well. Microsoft has dug themselves such a deep hole over the last couple years, you can only wonder if they're intentionally failing or if they're actually this foolish with their market "strategy." Windows 8 (Metro), the Surface tablet, Office 365, and now the XBone. It'd almost be sad if it weren't so tragically stupid. :silly:
    • Jun 11, 2012
      It won't be cancelled but transferred to your Xbox One account which will be the same thing. Nothing will be different except that now MS Point will be Cash value and the amount remaining on your time will still be the same.