Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Xbox One. My day one ;D

Discussion in Gaming started by Cyborg_delta1, Nov 26, 2013

1. May 7, 2012
    Well been playing it for a few days now but must say the first thing I did was hook up my satellite receiver and watch TV :grin:
    It has made things sooo much easy-er i.e. was playing Dead rising 3 and my food was ready so I just say "Xbox watch TV" and it paused the game and switched to my satellite receiver, I watched TV while eating my food switched strait back when I was done no messing around with remote's and crap also I like the fact I can control my TV i.e. sound volume, mute and other stuff. The one thing that freaked me out was the Smart glass integration I connected my phone to the xbox and stated messing around with the remote features and when I started to play Dead rising and got to the part in the game where you get that ZDC cell phone I noticed that my phone had an option to connect to the game so I turn it on and boom there is the in game phone on my phone. So I was playing with it and thought ok cool a map and and mission stats but then my phone was ringing so I answered it and it was the guy in the game, now you think big whop but if you played deadrising 1 or 2 if you remember the guy on the radio would call you at the worst possible time i.e. there would be to much background noise and you would not hear a thing he said but because it was playing on my phone and not my TV it was much easer to hear what he was talking about also the fact I can call air strikes with my phone is awesome (can't wait to try BF4):grin:

So I hope more game's come out with Smart glass features because it added a hole new level of gaming that I quiet enjoyed.

Any one else have any day one experiences they want to shear?
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 31, 2012
    • Jul 23, 2012
      ah Lucid, always asking the important questions in life.
      • Agree Agree x 6
      • May 7, 2012
        chicken chargrills with fries :grin:
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          Good choice. I prefer waffles with butter, maple syrup, and some freshly ground cinnamon sprinkled on it... with a glass of orange juice, pulp free of course. All while playing Xbox.... one of course.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          Hm. I'll probably go with PS4 either way but that does sound cool.
        • Nov 17, 2012
          When will consoles just be consoles and PLAY GAMES instead of doing all this other shit. The resources / money could have been put into the hardware... Who wants to use Skype, watch TV (on a TV...?) and all the other bullshit. There are so many other ways you can do that (phone, tablet, laptop, webcam, PC), why do you need it on Console? People buy Consoles to play GAMES, not do all this other shit that you can already do on multiple devices....

RIP Consoles. N64 + PS1 + Gameboy, the good old days.

It's terrible that these "next-gen" consoles can't even hold up 1080p / 60fps, that's been standard for years and years now. Meanwhile, 4K on PC....
        • May 15, 2011
          Although I agree as a gamer, consoles are no longer just for kids whose parents couldn't understand how to use the on button. Times are a changin' and because of that, consoles need to change as well. The Xbox One is the best example, as they have taken a complete overhaul because they aren't just trying to appeal to a younger audience anymore. The audio commands would be great for the older generation, those well within their 50+ years, as it requires no controller, and no movement of their legs. Having apps directly connected through your Xbox makes everyday PC usage become so much simpler, giving those middle aged workers the fast paced tech they need to do everything on the go. By this I mean, a lawyer, getting ready for work, could tell his Xbox to turn on and watch the news, without ever having to stop making his coffee/breakfast. Then, we get our games, which is still the target audience, but we are in no way the only audience. As for 4K/1080P thing I might just be the only person who does not give a shit. I don't see any blurring, what the fuck do I care if the resolution isn't top of the line.
        • Nov 17, 2012
          I agree times are changing, but people aren't going to go out and buy a console to watch TV with the Xbox Live + TV fee just to have it "hands free". There are other devices that allow you to that, hell, you could watch TV on your iPhone or iPad.. Literally FOR FREE. Not to mention that half of these services are only available in the US. The price of the console could be lowered to a more affordable price, such as $350-$400 (which currently PS4 is sitting at). After some research, it turns out the XboxOne is only making $14 profit per console. If they removed Kinect and had it optional, the console would probably sell better..

As for the other services, there all for a niche market... Majority of people buy them for games, so why aren't they orientated for games? Inferior hardware for "next-gen" isn't acceptable and games running at 720p or 30fps in this day and age is just unnacceptable.

I'd consider "next-gen" 4k, triple screen, not 720p or 30fps.
          Complexity, Nov 27, 2013 Last edited by ΣZΣ | ๖ۣۜComplex1ty, Nov 27, 2013
        • May 15, 2011
          Maybe now people still own DVD/Blu-Ray players, but it would be much more cost effective, even at that price, to have 1 entertainment system for all your needs, instead of owning an Xbox, DVD, and/or Blu-Ray player, then having to use all the controllers that come with it, or spending the extra for a universal controller.

And iPads/iPhones are not a replacement for the TV, regardless if the service is free. You are correct about Kinect though, as it should be optional, but it's now a part of the functionality of the system, so it'll probably stay, for every console to come as well.
        • Feb 3, 2012
          I'll probably end up getting in PS4 just because I think it's better.
        • Jul 8, 2012
          After reading about both I don't know what one I'd get. I like things about both and dislike things about both.
        • May 11, 2011
          @Cyborg_delta1 You have helped me make up my mind about which console i am going to buy thanks.
        • May 15, 2011
          I don't care what either does or will do. If it has a game I enjoy which isn't on PC, that's reason enough to buy it. I'll buy Xbox for Forza and PS4 for The Last Guardian (SotC successor) and Steam Box just to be a douche.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jul 8, 2012
            That's about where I am. I don't care about all the features as I can do that elsewhere. I buy it primarily for the game selection.
          • Jun 11, 2012
            Because of marginalization of gaming companies with exclusive releases to either or console I'm gonna either or in 2014 because of next gen releases being this gen (though AC IV needed to be released only on next gen, my gawd is that game too powerful). If by some odd chance Last of Us gets released on PS4 I'll get it sooner but my expecting date is Spring due to that's when next gen games will get released (infamous, Destiny, The Order (maybe)) for PS4 and Halo 5 and Dead Rising 3 for Xbox (since TitanFall is coming out on PC).

This, freaking this. If it ain't on PC I'm not gonna stop myself from playing it.

Hardware means crap when the software isn't available. You could get a PS4 right now but you'll be stuck with games that already got released on previous gen. You could get a Xbone but you'll only play Ryse (QTE DDR for kids) or Dead Rising 3. So do this, go to best buy website and look at all the games available on 1 system then make a decision. First find all the games that you like and add them in a cart, then try to match all the games to 1 console. If you get some console exclusive ones, try to side 1 way (PS4 leading because hardware is more op then Xbone) because buying a system for 1 exclusive game is not effective (Wii mistake over here).

Or you could wait till Spring where the start of the actual promised next gen games that all got pushed back.
          • May 7, 2012
            It was quite funny though where I say a phrase to distract the boss, this boss
            "YOU'ER SEXY" then he stops does this then you beat the crap out of him but was awkward when you have to say you'er sexy 5 times in 5min when there are other people in the house but then I guess this is a 18 rated game :angel:
            • Like Like x 1