Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Yahoo's zm_[secret name] map [WIP]

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Yahoo, Jan 22, 2015

1. May 5, 2011
    Heyo! So I decided to get back into making another map, hopefully I can finish it. I wanted to do something...different well not that much of a different but hopefully more fun. Cade spot are meh meh, now it's just getting bleh cading a whole five minutes. I wanted to add come challenge, more realistic (not too realistic) feeling to it.

For example, no vending machine will be in some persons bedroom, or bookshelf's in clinic exam rooms. I hope to add some RUN and HIDE feeling to it. Hiding may look boring but its crazy zombies running into town! gotta run and hide or defend the rooftops. I will have minor cade spots but I'm aiming for the defending the roof top as if we are playing Left 4 Dead and zombies can come from anywhere.

I provided a small clip of just one of the many buildings i have yet to make. I hope it all turns out well. BTW i still need to do work the the current building as shown in the video so yea...enjoy. Oh btw, the doors are suppose to make sounds but for some odd reason it doesn't, so I gotta take a look into that..

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfoXT6tudvU&feature=youtu.be
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 5
    • Like Like x 2
      Hevn, Jan 22, 2015 Last edited by Yahoo, Jan 23, 2015
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Awsome, looking forward too this:thumbsup:
    • Feb 8, 2013
    • Feb 27, 2012
      You might have to manually pack the sound (pakrat or whatever you're using might not pick it up, also i recommend using VIDE over pakrat.) Check your console for errors.
    • May 5, 2011
      Well it is an office/clinic lol...but that video is just ONE of the many buildings i still have to build, plus I still have to edit the current clinic you saw. I'll make it beat your map >:smile: (jk I just want it to be a fun map)

@Tony the Tiger!! :D
      I just used regular door sounds and ran it through hammer and it worked for awhile now it doesn't. I packed it and it ran fine for Skullface and Luff when they tested it, but I'll try and pak it and see if it works on my side.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Does it only not work on your end, but works on everyone elses?
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Correcto el mundo, seems like a local problem for Yoohahoo.
    • May 5, 2011
      Yep lol, I wonder if I might've clicked something that turned off the sound. Odd though, I made a new simple square room map with a door w/ sounds and still no sound.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Odd. Do you have your music volume turned up all the way?
    • Mar 10, 2014
      Nice looking forward to seeing the new map. I myself have attempted map creation, with a few tips from tony. And i find it difficult, or more or less time consuming lol
    • May 5, 2011
      Yea volume is all good and sounds correct. Playing other maps with doors that have sound work. Just that in my map it doesn't.