Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

You don't realize what you have, until it's gone.

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Brett, Jun 26, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Every day we greedily use horrendous amounts of clean water, non-renewable resources, etc. We can all admit that we sometimes take those 15 minute showers, or leave the sink on the whole time your washing your face, brushing your teeth, or doing other things to get ready in the morning. Something unique that I do every summer, is turn off my water for 3 days, keeping only a gallon of water in the fridge to drink. It's not so much as just conserving, but teaching a lesson as to how something so simple, something we don't even think about, can drastically change our whole day. You accidentally dripped some barbecue sauce on your hand? Oh, I can just go rinse it o..... oh wait, there's no water.

These little things help us realize that people in other places may not be able to get water as conveniently as us. To get a drink, some people have to walk miles just to get to a small stream of dirty, cloudy water filled with bacteria and things you wouldn't dare to go near.

This is something I just wanted to share, and possibly suggest for you to try out as well. Don't feel obligated to, but, possibly, give it a shot, you may also realize what I'm trying to share with others. :smile:

(Side note, my "e" key on my keyboard is broken, and I currently type every "e" with the copy and paste method. Thought it'd be somewhat funny to mention.)
    • Like Like x 2
    • May 14, 2011
      Well, might as well take advantage of what we have
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 18, 2006
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Thank goodness this isn't another computer hardware thread. :sweat:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          All you need is some plasic, a small hole, some rocks, some grass/plants material, and something to catch moisture in.

Dig shallow, bit wide hole, put container in center fill with grasses/plantlife. Cover hole with plastic around edges with rocks, leaving some slack, and put a slightly heavier rock in the center. The plantlife causes condensation on the plastic, and the rock in the center will help the container collect any condensation.

I also know how to make a water filter out of a bag, rocks, sand and plants.
          Taters, Jun 26, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Jun 26, 2012
        • Nov 2, 2011
        • Mar 31, 2010
          I agree. The only thing I can't live without is gum. Once my gum ran out and nobody was home. I had to walk all the way to the store (about 15 minutes walking distance) and get a whole bunch of other packs of gums. And I was so grateful and so thankful for being blessed to not only walk, but to also have money to buy myself gum every single time.
        • Dec 6, 2011

1. Conker on the mic: *noisily breaks out a piece of gum through the aluminum foil cover*

2. Conker for the next five minutes:

3. "It's a new piece, I can't help it bro. Lick my assh."

4. Conker on the mic five minutes later: *noisily breaks out another piece of gum through the aluminum foil cover*

Go back to step 2 and repeat.
        • Mar 31, 2010
        • Dec 6, 2011
          I just realized I put this in the no-count section, I don't even know why... lol.
        • Jul 28, 2011
          Stop abusing the no-count section with your meaningful posts!
        • Dec 6, 2011