Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

YOU RUINED ROBOCOP, BASTARDS

Discussion in Movies started by Bender Rodriguez, Sep 5, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    I just saw this rebooted Robocop trailer and I am seriously upset. Bunch of Evian drinkers, child minded, "feeling" inspired, and non-creative, rinse and repeat, and money grubbing bastards decided that rebooting Robocop was the right thing.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVphAuRo7Q

Look at it. LOOK AT IT. So freaking generic action shooter. It's worse than Robocop 2, while Robocop 2 wasn't bad, it was the weakest of the 3. No Kurtwood, no Detroit, no actual attachment you have to the character. Straight from the get-go the dude has actual human characteristic which wasn't even shown till Robocop 3 so wtf.

[IMG]

ED209! REALLY! ED209 HE WASN'T EVEN THERE TILL ROBOCOP 2. And by then he was malfunctioning, he wasn't this whatever OP thing they are showing. Nothing from the original movie is kept and instead is a bad action movie. Samuel Jackson shouldn't even be attached to this bad thing, looks like he still has the makeup from Django.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZL4LoJ0zF8

Rebooted Total Recall was really really bad, like really bad, like a bad bowel movement bad. Stop it, just, stop it. This isn't a case of "hur hur hur Nostalgia hur dur dur". The original can be watched for as is and it will still blow any current action movie out the water and still leave you hanging and waiting for moar!!!

[IMG]

I AM SUPER UPSET...Here have the theme song from Robocop.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4PQRpo2Wng
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 21, 2012
      At this point, it's very annoying that Hollywood movies are trying to reboot movies like these just to get more money. Where has the creativity gone?
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'm not ready to kick this to the curb yet, I'm just hoping they do production in Detroit. I'm not sure if you read wrong, but I'm seeing it saying they WILL be doing it there.

The new Total Recall was actually pretty good, I just watched #1 and #2 over again and the reboot definitely did a better job of tying things together with a completely different setting.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Aug 12, 2012
        checking my facebook feed, couple people saying the same thing lol
      • Feb 27, 2012
        This is what I think... I think it will be a good movie and whatnot, but the fact that they call it a reboot and are comparing it to the original makes it bad in comparison. It's not that it's going to be a bad movie, it just will be in comparison to the original.
      • May 12, 2007
        The movie looks like it won't be 1/2 bad. I think that the day of the half-assed reboots are over. With social media sites and word of mouth being a much larger influence than they used to be in the past companies can't just make a shitty reboot and turn a profit, word get sout too fast of its poor quality and it bombs in theaters. Movie companies have to really try and make a movie worthy of the original.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008

Welcome to Hollywood, where we don't care as long as we make money!
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Mar 4, 2012
          • Jun 11, 2012
            I hope that 1 day you find Warband a terrible game. :arrogant:
          • Mar 4, 2012
          • Mar 26, 2012
            A long time ago, my brother and I watched one or two, maybe all three, of the RoboCops. I thought they were boring and lame, lol.

Watched this new one today. I liked it.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Dec 7, 2013
              dude, I'm born in '98 and I still know this movie because that cop looks fuking badass.
              gonna check the original movie tonight instead of typing shitty stories about pooper and nayr's sexy love.
            • Jan 1, 2013
              Topic creativity is OP. This one huge movie company got lost a while back and since then everything went down. I prefer watching worse made movies with better stories now. I miss the times of Fletchers Visions and the Sixth sense and Demolition Man and so on and on and on and on~~~
              At this time it was like every movie came up with a new innovative idea and now it feels like watching the same movies over and over again. Maybe I just became old.
            • Jun 18, 2012
              Hollywood ... or every so called ''creative'' profession in general? Same goes for most games across all platforms, even though I suppose it's harder to create a whole new way of games over creating a decent movie. In the end the only thing that matters is creating hype and making sure that the general public likes it, and the general public aren't the dedicated gamers/movie watchers/ art lovers/ etc. The general public only cares about saying: been there/done that.

Black roboflop looks lame ...
            • Jun 11, 2012
              Wounds too fresh. Young people calling new Robocop "good" because of El Jackson. I liked Murphy and Red Forman dynamic.

Still hurts that this is a thing. :frown:
            • Sep 9, 2012
              old school robocop was fucking awesome--> blood and guts he almost dies from getting blasted from a bunch of dudes and a fucking rated R movie! this is PG13 for gods sake! I wanted a badass robocop Not this water downed silly little kids PG13 bullshit of a movie where he gets hurt from a car explosion that has fail written all over it... hollywood go fuck yourself....... *Rage mode now disabled*
              • Funny Funny x 1
                KILLERSandCOMPANY, Feb 13, 2014 Last edited by KILLERSandCOMPANY, Feb 13, 2014
              • Aug 12, 2012
                that bad huh, was planning to watch this tomorrow see how it is
              • Dec 8, 2013
                Yep. Not too excited about this reboot. Total Recall wasnt too bad. The original robocop was revolutionary. It's one of the hallmark classics in the genre known as Ultraviolence. This new reboot is like PG-13 or some shit. You can't top having the main guy's dick shot off in the first 20 mins of the movie.
                Post Merged, Feb 13, 2014
                By the way if you like Ultraviolence check out the new Dredd reboot. Was REALLY good!
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Dec 8, 2013
                  This is actually one of my all time favorite compositions. Love love love Basil Poledoris.
                • Nov 3, 2013
                  i was so happy when i heard about the robocop movie…but this is disappointing..

that being said, I'm still going to see it and will probably end up liking it lol
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                    MKL, Feb 13, 2014 Last edited by MKL, Feb 13, 2014